Add/Remove Group

ClaudeMobetta
Hi -

Under People - Registered Person - it says "Add/Remove Group"
What does that mean?

Thanxs
http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/

Claude

Re: Add/Remove Group

GregChapman
You'll be aware of my post at:
http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Moderating-free-forum-tp6873076p6873871.html
which explains how you the default groups "Anyone", "Registered", "Administrators" and "Members" are, or could be, used. On some forums further groups may be needed or desirable.

For example, I have a forum with an international audience, and to ensure user mistakes (posting in an inappropriate sub-forum, for example) or spammers, or inappropriate posts get promptly handled I have created a "Moderators" group.  When a group is created an additional column appears on the Permissions screen. I give those added to this group additional permissions that normally only administrators get - but they don't go as far as allowing them to delete the forum!

In another: http://www.seahawk17.plus.com/forum.htm I have created special groups for:
"Sellers": users who want to advertise their boats but don't have any other interest in SeaHawks. There may only post and reply in the "For Sale" area.
"MyBoat": for users that request a special area in which they can create their own sub-forums. (Actually, as this area grows I'll probably need to create a "group" for each individual boat.)

In another, for residents of the area where I live, I have created a group for "Residents", It seemed a more appropriate name than the default "Members", which goes unused. Another group, "Shareholders", allows access to the otherwise invisible sub-forum, for those who are part of the management company that looks after the communal areas. Again I could have used the default group "Members" but chose not to as it helps give the forum a more customised feel.

Re: Add/Remove Group

ClaudeMobetta

HUH ?

Re: Add/Remove Group

GregChapman
Does "Huh! mean I didn't give the right answer?

Re: Add/Remove Group

ClaudeMobetta
GregChapman wrote
Does "Huh! mean I didn't give the right answer?
Hi Greg -

HUH means - I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed....

Thanks.. Claude