Upgrade to premium support

Spacedout
Hi, I upgraded to premium support earlier today direct from my Nabble forum but when I try to post in the non free forum it is asking me to upgrade again.  The prices is also considerably different to the price it stated on my forum.  Is there different types of upgrades?

Many thanks

Karl

Re: Upgrade to premium support

GregChapman
There may be some confusion between a "Premium Site" and "Premium Support".

A Premium Site is one that does not have advertisements added to it. Currently that costs $3.95pm

Premium Support allows you to post in the "Nabble Support" forum. That is more expensive at $39pm

Re: Upgrade to premium support

Spacedout
Oh, I never had adverts so I may be paying twice then, how do I check that?

Thank you Greg much appreciated.

Karl

Re: Upgrade to premium support

GregChapman
Pass!

There's supposed to be an ad free period when you start a forum. I haven't started a new forum recently, but I believe at one stage it was 180 days.

This post:
http://support.nabble.com/New-Payment-System-td7594894.html
says there should be a "Cancel Payment Subscription" link on my account settings page. However I can't find such a link on the one forum I have where I have paid to remove ads. Nor can I find any way of discovering when the subscription expires.

Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing a regular charge for this on my credit card statement. I'll check again and come back to you.

Re: Upgrade to premium support

GregChapman
Hi,

Maybe senility is creeping in.

I thought I had paid for a Premium site, but I can find no record of having made a payment to Nabble's current Payment Provider, "Snipe". So I looked at the code for the forum in question and it includes the line of code:
<!-- Ad.true | 4032 credits -->
That indicates that I bought my credits under the old "Amazon Payments" system, sometime between October 2014 when the forum started and May 2015 when the new system came in.

That ties in with my memory of the origins of the forum.

As those credits haven't expired yet, I don't yet have a site with the new monthly subscription system, so can't help with the detail of how it works.

Re: Upgrade to premium support

Spacedout
Thank you Greg I'll look into it my end and ask Hugo.

Thank you for you help much appreciated.