Time wrong on forum posts

Coleen_Astalos
I just submitted a post to my forum (12:20pm MT) and when it shows in the forum it's showing 10:49am - so it's not just a time zone problem as the minutes are also off.

Where does the time come from?  The Nabble Server?  Are they off (I'm on the N7 server)
Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Time wrong on forum posts

Coleen_Astalos
I should mention the post in question came in via email, not posted directly on the forum.
Coleen

RE: Time wrong on forum posts

Coleen_Astalos

Here is a test of a post sent via email.

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, [hidden email]
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

RE: Time wrong on forum posts

GregChapman
Hi Coleen,

I manage a forum on the n7 server. It is customised to disallow posting via email so I cannot fully test your issue. However, I can say that all posts made appear with accurate UK local times. As administrator, I receive emails of posts made and they arrive with the same time stamp. I also have a digest subscription, so I can see what the ordinary users get and these appear regularly at 08:00.

This suggests to me that it is posts made by email that are being delayed, perhaps by some form of batch processing, before appearing on the forum, perhaps because of high traffic on the n7 server?

Further background - probably irrelevant:
Some of my other forum digests appear at 09:00, so I know that digest production is server dependent and each is done at a regular time. In all my time with Nabble, there have only been a handful of times when a digest has arrived a few minutes late or an hour later than usual - presumably because of one-off server maintenance issues.

I used to believe that preparing the digests was done immediately before posting the forum. Certainly, I could post on this forum minutes before the digest was due and the posts would appear in that day's digest. However, over the last year in a couple of forums I have found posts made within an hour of digest arrival were not included and appeared t in the following day's digest. Again these may be rare one-off incidents rather than the norm.

I am posting this at 10:56 local time (give or take a few seconds)

Edit: Your last post shows as:  Dec 20, 2016; 7:31pm