Sound in my site

Re: Sound in my site

GregChapman
GregChapman wrote
As it stands the on/off text isn't clickable, should I have the plug-in installed and working.
That was badly worded.

What I meant was "the on/off text isn't clickable, even if I did have the plug-in installed and working." - but having seen it in Internet Explorer I now see why.

Re: Sound in my site

ClaudeMobetta
This is last post I can read - but see Greg has posted after this -

It's not there. I hosted your file in my own server in mp3 format. It's not so easy to play mid files, while I'm installing it, please, use the mp3 extension.
 If you want to remove it just edit the macro app_html, delete the first line after body tag:
 <xxx src="http://xxx.com/2ebb-tide.mp3" hidden="true" autostart="true" loop="true"> </xxx>

Can't read or see Gregs post - WHY?

Claude

Re: Sound in my site

ClaudeMobetta
OK - now have Gregs post -

Greg -

I don't use QuickTime - I use Windows Media Player - and have my AutoPlay set with MS as the default player...

Never knew there were so many peeps wif different settings...

Keep the replys comin

Claude

Re: Sound in my site

If your song is in mp3 format you don't have these problems, in the other hand, the file is larger. I can put it in mp3 if you want, what do you think?

Re: Sound in my site

ClaudeMobetta
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
If your song is in mp3 format you don't have these problems, in the other hand, the file is larger. I can put it in mp3 if you want, what do you think?
Pedro -

Let it go - don't need any help now...
I have it as I want it -
It is now in mp3 format -

Thanks fer past help -

Claude

Re: Sound in my site

ClaudeMobetta
Pedro -

Thanks again fer all yur help -
I have the sound perfect now - take a look -

Only takes a second to load all the front page - Music didn’t seem to slow it down a bit - and I’m on only 1.5MBps.

Try it:
http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/

I have it set up in the OFF position and ya need to click ON to hear music.
Music is so easy to change -

About 20% don’t like it - mainly cauz they are not setup correctly - Security too high - and or using FF Chrome or some other wanna be Browser - Those peeps keep gettin asked to load QuickTime and or other addons...

The ones that switched back to IE aren’t having problems -
Don’t want to get into an arguments - But it’s STILL my opinion - but only IE reads all HTML code as written...

So fer now I will leave it on - be nice fer the Holidazes...

Been a reel learning experience....

Be glad to help anyone that wants the code to put sound on their site.

Thanks again -

Claude

Re: Sound in my site

Pedro