Removing People Link

MonteCristo
Hi

I would like to know how to remove the People link so users can`t see other users

I would also like to know how to remove the edit this page

And I would like to remove the Free forum by Nabble

If you can help please show me how to do these thing I would really appreciate your help.
Thank you in advance.

Re: Removing People Link

GregChapman
MonteCristo wrote
I would like to remove the Free forum by Nabble
If you have a free forum and are not paying for Premium Support  (not the same paying to Remove Adverts) you break Nabble's Terms and Conditions and are likely to find your forum deleted, so don't do it!
I would also like to know how to remove the edit this page link
If you do that you lock yourself out of being able to make any further edits you wish to do, as that is how you access the NAML code which controls how your forum appears, so don't do it! (It is possible to edit the NAML code so only those in the Administrator group see it, but experience teaches me that all normal users ignore the link as it serves no purpose for them.)
I would like to know how to remove the People link so users can`t see other users
The appearance of the People link is controlled through:
Options > Users > Change permissions
Note that, in keeping with permissions generally, this is a powerful facility.

For example, you can opt to remove the "People" link at the top level of your forum, (by removing all groups from the "Show_group_members" permission) but allow those in the "Members" group to see the profiles of other members when in a sub-forum that only members can access as, by default, permissions are inherited by sub-forums, but can be over-written by adjusting the permissions at the deeper level in your forum.

And if you are worried about people being able to see other user's email addresses, be aware that only those in the Administrator group will see them. Other users do not. It is always best to set up two users for yourself. One you keep as your administrator address. The other you use to test out exactly how your forum appears to those in the "Anyone", "Registered" or "Members" group - if you choose to use that feature.

Before instituting any changes think carefully about the various classes of user you plan to have and what permissions you will grant each type. You might find the post at:
http://support.nabble.com/Moderating-free-forum-tp6873076p6873871.html
useful.

Re: Removing People Link

MonteCristo
Thank you sooo much you are the best, i will try those changes and tell you if it works

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 2:12 PM, GregChapman [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
MonteCristo wrote
[...]

Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

http://support.nabble.com/Removing-People-Link-tp7596428p7596430.html
To unsubscribe from Removing People Link, click here.
NAML

Re: Removing People Link

MonteCristo
Hi

I changed the user permissions and created a registered user account and in the new account i can still see the people

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Monte Cristo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi,

Please return to the change permissions screen and check that all boxes are clear on the Show_group_members line. If not, it is likely you missed the "Save changes" button at the very bottom of the screen.

You need to have all boxes clear to remove the "People" link. With only some boxes clear you limit the classes of user that are available to be viewed.