Remove Float

Harvey
Nobody knows what float is or how to use it.

Could I remove it for either all forum users or everyone except me?

If we remove this:

The class could still work but people wouldn't be tempted to use it.

Just in my forum.

Re: Remove Float

Hugo <Nabble>
This is not easy because that page is not in NAML. So the only quick solution I can think of is to use CSS, but this would hide that section for all users (including you).

Re: Remove Float

GregChapman
A number of my forum users assumed that this was an "align" setting and it didn't behave the way they expected, so I understand where Harvey is coming from.

The best I came up with was a FAQ I post on most of my forums, such as that at:
http://seahawk-forum.968426.n3.nabble.com/Inserting-Images-in-the-Forum-tp1599211.html

(Recent browser updates appear to have made some of that FAQ inaccurate for some browsers.)

Re: Remove Float

I'm ok with a CSS solution for now.

How would the dropdown look?

Greg - I will look at your link when I have a moment.

Re: Remove Float

Pedro
You can see how it would like doing this:

Options -> Application -> Change appearance -> Css
#image-upload-form table table:first-child { display:block}

Re: Remove Float

Harvey
I changed block to none and it worked.  looks good.

if i want to use float i put class="left" etc or is it style?

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 4:08 AM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can see how it would like doing this:

Options -> Application -> Change appearance -> Css
#image-upload-form table table:first-child { display:block}

http://support.nabble.com/Remove-Float-tp7581895p7581932.html
To unsubscribe from Remove Float, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog

Re: Remove Float

Pedro
Harvey44 wrote
I changed block to none and it worked.  looks good.
Of course, sorry I've gave you the wrong code.

If you want to use eventually you can just remove this style, use the float and put it again. Or we can try to make the system only show this option for an specific group.
What do you think?

Re: Remove Float

Harvey
No sweat it's good to make me think.  :)

I think it's ok as CSS for now. Is that inelegant or does it have a downside?

Harvey44 wrote

http://support.nabble.com/Remove-Float-tp7581895p7581940.html
To unsubscribe from Remove Float, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Forum: forum.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Magazine: mag.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: Remove Float

Pedro
If you like it, it's perfect.
My test forum.