Redirection Fails When Multiple Pages Are Embedded

Redirection Fails When Multiple Pages Are Embedded

GregChapman
After all my years with Nabble, for the first time, I have tried embedding a second sub-forum page in its own page within my web site.

Here's the forum: http://sbc-forum.2368949.n4.nabble.com/

The two sub-forums that are embedded are:
http://sbc-forum.2368949.n4.nabble.com/The-Bulletin-f72.html
http://sbc-forum.2368949.n4.nabble.com/Prayers-f150.html

Once you visit either of these pages you become locked into their respective main site pages and, for example, navigating via forum links from the "Bulletin" to the "Prayers" sub-forum does not also move you to Prayers page on the main site.

Can this be fixed?

(There are plenty of pages with limited public access and these are not intended to be embedded as it makes editing permissions so much easier, when you are not restricted to the narrow confines of the main site!)
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

Re: Redirection Fails When Multiple Pages Are Embedded

haozwang<Nabble>
Administrator
hi, it seems that the "Prayer" page is not embedded...

It is embedded at at http://www.stalhambaptist.org.uk/ourprayers.php but because It's somewhat experimental and awaiting content from users there are no links to it on the menu system or elsewhere.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

Re: Redirection Fails When Multiple Pages Are Embedded

haozwang<Nabble>
Administrator
Hi Greg, I have registered on the forum and I see the main bulletin is embedded here:
http://www.stalhambaptist.org.uk/bulletin.php#nabble-f72
and the prayer and bulletin are both embedded on the site... perhaps I am not understanding the issue?

The issue is that once you are navigating round the forum on an embedded page you stay in the same page on the main site, so when you use the forum links to navigate from the Prayers page to the Bulletin page the redirect to the Bulletin page does not take effect. You can be reading the Bulletin page on the forum but it will be embedded on the Prayers page of the main site.

Administrator
a bit confused. it seems to me the only way to navigate across subforums is through going BACK to the main list of subforums, you can't navigate across subforums directly in with links...

Re: Redirection Fails When Multiple Pages Are Embedded

GregChapman
Just to clarify...
If you land on the main site's Bulletin page and then navigate, using the forum's links to the forum's Prayers page you stay embedded on the Bulletin page of the main site even though the forum's Prayer page is set to be embedded in the main site's Our Prayers page.

I was expecting that the page in which a forum was set to be embedded would take priority over whatever page on the main site you happened to be initially.

Administrator
ooohh I see, the embedded forum changes but you want the containing page to navigate instead. Let me get back to you on that

Re: Redirection Fails When Multiple Pages Are Embedded

haozwang<Nabble>
Administrator
Okay, I looked into the code. The embedded forum is an iframe thus the parent url is not effected, only in the iframe. when you navigate breadcrumb on the embeded forum it changes the iframe but not the parent url. Let me see what can be done...