Posts through Nabble: copies to list are missing quote levels

Posts through Nabble: copies to list are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin
<http://n2.nabble.com/webcouturier.dropdownmenu-%2B-Plone-3.3b1-tp2521012p2530790.html> is fine.

<http://lists.plone.org/pipermail/setup/2009-March/004818.html> received by the list is missing the quote level.

Reviewing (without saving edits) my post, the quote tags are decently above and below the quoted text:

<quote author="Karl Johan Kleist">
Has anybody sucessfully used  webcouturier.dropdownmenu with Plone 3.3b1? Or even with 3.2?
</quote>

Yes, successfully with 3.2.1.

PS: aiming to test 3.3 beta some time soon.

Posts through Nabble: copies to chandler-users@osafoundation.org are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin

Re: Posts through Nabble: copies to list are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin
A long shot, is this bug a consequence of a fix for Nabble is pushing HTML through to text-only mailing lists?

Posts through Nabble: copies to setup@lists.plone.org are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin
Another example, a third list affected:

<http://lists.plone.org/pipermail/setup/2009-March/004818.html>

Posts through Nabble: copies to mapguide-internals@lists.osgeo.org are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin

Posts through Nabble: copies to plone-users@lists.sourceforge.net are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin
This post was updated on .
Another bugged forum/list/archive, another bugged Nabble user:

<http://n2.nabble.com/Plone-HTML-filtering%2C-%3Cscript%3E-tag-tp2538032p2538559.html> looks good,
<https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=1238076301334-2538559.post%40n2.nabble.com> and
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.user/97339> look bad.

Very confusing reading when we don't know who's writing what.

There's no way of correcting what's posted to list.

Please, can this one be prioritised?

Thanks :)

This post was updated on .
Trio of bugs still biting: images, quote levels and hyperlinks missing.

Posts through Nabble: copies to chandler-users@osafoundation.org are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin
This post was updated on .
Still biting; quote in <http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-users/2009-March/004055.html> is without quotation marks.

Re: Posts through Nabble: copies to list are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin

Posts through Nabble: copies to opennms-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin

Re: Posts through Nabble: copies to list are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin
@ Nabble

Hi, I realise that you're recently busy with improvements/new features but if you could prioritise this issue it will be greatly appreciated.

I suspect that we have two duplicate reports:

• Citation no longer respected if read as plain text (3rd April)
• Marking quoted text in e-mail (12th April)

— and this is one of those rare issues that leaves its mark indelibly, and ungracefully, on lists, so IMHO it deserves special attention.

Thanks in advance, and a belated Happy Easter :)

Graham

Re: Posts through Nabble: copies to list are missing quote levels

danek
I am the poster of one of the linked duplicate reports. This is a major problem -- did it always behave like this, or is this a regression?

Here are links to the Nabble and maling list versions one of my affected posts, for reference:

Nabble version: http://n2.nabble.com/No-GSM.-Suspect-dead-Calypso.-What-to-do--tp2614421p2620308.html
List version: http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/support/2009-April/005180.html

If you look at the thread, this is the same with any other post that has "Nabble-ized" quotes.

Re: Posts through Nabble: copies to list are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin
danek wrote
did it always behave like this, or is this a regression?
Not always. AFAICT the trio of bugs began biting on/around 24th or 25th March. See <http://n2.nabble.com/Posts-through-Nabble%3A-copies-to-list-are-missing-quote-levels-tp2531943p2531980.html>.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 06:06:22AM -0700, Graham Perrin (via Nabble) wrote:
> did it always behave like this, or is this a regression?
>

> Not always. AFAICT the trio of bugs began biting on/around 24th or 25th March. See <http://n2.nabble.com/Posts-through-Nabble%3A-copies-to-list-are-missing-quote-levels-tp2531943p2531980.html>.

As another example, the e-mail I just received from Nabble also exhibits
this problem, as seen above. (The right angle brackets are inserted by
my mailer; the first line should have another level of citation, but it
doesn't.)

Re: Posts through Nabble: copies to list are missing quote levels

Will <Nabble>
Thanks for reporting this.

This will be a high priority if the Nabble quote mangles up the email making an email hard to read. But it seems that only the other mail archives are having problem, right? In other words, the nabble post shows up ok in email client, right?

A Nabble post gets sent out as a multi-part email. I guess it must be that the mailing list archive software having problem parsing the multi-part email. So, we will look into, but it's not a high priority, because it only affects the archive, which isn't as urgent as messing up user's email.

Re: Posts through Nabble: copies to list are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin
Will <Nabble> wrote
nabble post shows up ok in email client, right?
Wrong ;)

The bug bites not only archives of lists, it also bites messages to everyday recipients.

<http://pastebin.ca/1392532> shows the result of <http://n2.nabble.com/Plone-support-fora-currently-bugged-by-issues-with-Nabble-tp2543362p2637376.html>.

Over to you, thanks …

Posts through Nabble: copies to plone-website@lists.sourceforge.net are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin
This post was updated on .
An Outlook Web Access view of the same message:

It appears that the words from Nabble were written by me (not by Nabble).

Posts through Nabble: copies to plone-users@lists.sourceforge.net are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin

Posts through Nabble: copies to setup@lists.plone.org are missing quote levels

Graham Perrin