Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

Pedro
Please, let me know if you have any issues related with NAML related to translations. I really appreciate your efforts. Looking forward to see Nabble in german.

Happy new year.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

LordOfBikes
Pedro,

wish you a Happy New Year too.

For the moment I have no issues with NAML format. But I think it's more comfortable to use a tool like poedit for translation. So I think, it is worth to invest some time in  writing a set of scripts which make translation faster.

Converting the translation section into gettext's po format, opens the possibility to use poedit tools, available for all platforms or use a web-based solution (e.g. pootle or weblate) for translating.

Using poedit and scripts for conversion will also prevent breaking the tags, what could happen, when working on the plain NAML file.

Regards

Armin

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

nnako
Hi Pedro,

the translation of words and phrases for our German Nabble platform is finished and, as we see it, ready to be tested and tuned on a real Nabble installation.

We tried to keep the phrases rather impersonal in order to avoid the German complexities regarding "Du" / "Sie" within personal addressing. This generally makes the phrases a bit longer and more cloudy regarding directives. And, it sounds a bit less emotional. There might still be some "misleading" phrases left, which could only be identified within the right applicational context.
For the future, we might think of up to two further German translations, one covering the personal "Du" and one the official "Sie" (to aim at some professional applications).
The development of grammatically right phrases (regarding "declension" and done in NAML) could be performed in parallel to the plain wording correction, right?

So, what would be the best way to proceed in order to test the translation within a real installation of a first pure German Nabble Forum (and maybe invite further German users to help doing the fine-tuning)?

Thanks.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

LordOfBikes
Pedro,

here is our fist edition of German Nabble translation, everything is translated. Many thanks to nnako.
lang_de.naml
Is it possible to get this translation online to review for typos and grammar in the final context.

The macro section has to be done too, I think this succeeds better in seeing the translation in the correct context.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Armin

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

LordOfBikes
Pedro,

I have created a repository on my github account, for the scripts I wrote to simplify translation.
Please feel free to add a link to the translation guide for translators who know how to use them.

The repository URL is https://github.com/lordofbikes/NabbleTranslation.

The scripts are written in Perl. On most Linux systems they should run out of the box.
On Windows the scripts will run after adjusting the perl executable path.

Regards

Armin

Please, give an/your forum url where I can add the new translation for testing.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

nnako
Hi Pedro,

one of the forums would be:

http://citychurch-braunschweig-forum.999114.n3.nabble.com/

LordOfBikes might have an additional one.

How would we proceed in order to (if possible frequently) update the translations? Should we just post the NAML file here and you update the forum, or would there be an other way to be faster or more convenient for you?

Thanks.

I've created the forum http://nabble-de-test.1003690.n3.nabble.com/ for translation issues.

I also asked for the 'Invite Subscriber' feature in the Free Support forum for this test forum.

Please, see Options -> application -> change language and see if Deutsch is ok.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

nnako
This post was updated on .
Well done, Pedro, the system messages are real German now!!!

FIRST PROBLEM: SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE GONE
I've noticed that after change of language (from English to German), the subscriptions don't work anymore. So nobody who has been subscribed before the change of language, gets notifications about new posts, now. But the subscription status clearly state a correctly configured subscription.

Here are some further observations:

-> Even after un-subscribe and re-subscribe, the users stay un-notified after posting in the German version.
-> writing a message as a user and deleting this message as administrator results in a proper notification
-> sending eMails from within the German version works properly
-> after changing to the English version, all things work properly
-> changing to German again, shows the problems described above

Any ideas?

Or shall I post this issue somewhere else (not as a translation issue but rather a possible structural one)?

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

Pedro
There was a mistake on line 609. I fixed.
Replaced:
<translation><from>visit <t.url/></from><to>besuche <b.url/></to></translation>
with
<translation><from>visit <t.url/></from><to>besuche <n.url/></to></translation>
Tonight, I will release this fix.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

nnako
Thanks, Pedro,

I will continue testing tomorrow morning, then. Looking forward to see Germany flooded with Nabble... ;-)

Please, test it now.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

nnako
Hi Pedro,
thank you very much.

I just tested the notification forwarding for new posts. It works perfectly in German, now.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

Pedro
When I said "now" I meant, "Now you can test, I've released the changes", I didn't mean to hurry you.

Thanks you very much for helping us.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

nnako
Hi Pedro, this is how to keep the "work" to be fun... Everything as soon as possible. It keeps things rolling while the mind stays free ;-)

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

alxbraun
Hi everybody,

Is there already a release day for the German translation fixed?
Would be great to have Nabble in German - sure it will get a huge German community then.

-> If you need another person to test it, I am ready. As my forum is just established now, there is no risk to lose any data.

Regards
Alex

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

nnako

alxbraun wrote

Is there already a release day for the German translation fixed?
Hi alxbraun. We know of no fix date for an official release, yet. But you can speed up the ongoing testing process by registering on our test site and play through some use cases while checking the German text portions:

TEST SITE: http://nabble-de-test.1003690.n3.nabble.com

Changes you could update in the language file (PO) from here:

GITHUB: https://github.com/lordofbikes/NabbleTranslation

You would have to use PoEdit for editing and GIT for version management. If you need help in doing so, please tell us.

@Pedro: would it be possible to grant alxbraun access to the current German translation?

inconsistent translational settings in eMail notification

nnako
Hi Pedro,

I just recognized that the footers of the eMail notifications seem to have inconsistent translational settings:

(1) In the first case, a user was notified because of an "all messages" notification configuration for the subforum:
translated to German
You see, the footer of the eMail notification is translated completely to German. That's fine.

(2) In the second case, an other user was notified following the separate specification of an eMail address below the edited text. In both cases it was the same message:
mixed translation
Here, you see a mixed translation. The upper part corresponds to the above example, but the lower two lines are in English translation (no translation).

Any suggestions?

Re: inconsistent translational settings in eMail notification

Pedro
I guess you also have to translate the second footer text.
<translation><from>To receive all replies...</from><to...></to></translation>