News App - Smart Pages

GregChapman
This post was updated on .
Hi Franklin,

I have a "News" app with "Smart application pages" applied and a subcategory "Archive" with the "View" permission removed for those in the "Anyone" and "Registered" groups at:
http://community-scene.2374021.n4.nabble.com/Community-Scene-f1.subapps.html

This is the only News app I have with this arrangement, In all other Nabble forums I maintain Smart App Pages work and sub-forums are hidden from view, for those users who lack the appropriate permission, but on this forum Anyone can see it exists (even if they can't access it, without logging in as a user with the required group membership.

Are "Smart Application Pages" intended to work with sub-categories of the "News" app? I have tried changing the "Archive" app to a "Forum" app but is still visible to unauthorised users.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

Re: News App - Smart Pages

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
GregChapman wrote
In all other Nabble forums I maintain Smart App Pages work and sub-forums are hidden from view, for those users who lack the appropriate permission
Can you post a link to an example of this so I can compare?

Re: News App - Smart Pages

GregChapman

http://npopuk-forum.986084.n3.nabble.com/
This is a Mixed app with a hidden "Developers" area, only visible when logged in with an id that includes the "Developers" group.

http://band-forum.2320619.n4.nabble.com/
A Category App. The only sub-forum visible to "Anyone" members is "News".
When logged in as "Members" you can see several additional areas.
When logged in as "MB3" you can see a further "MB3" area
When logged in as "Administrator" you can also see "Moderated Messages"

http://ruston-reaches.80608.x6.nabble.com/
A Mixed app. Those in "Anyone" see only a login screen
Those in "Registered" see only an "Authorized Users Only" screen
Those in "Members" see three areas
Those in Administrators an additional "Hidden Area" area

Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

Re: News App - Smart Pages

Franklin <Nabble>
fixed

Re: News App - Smart Pages

GregChapman
Thanks!

Does seem to be working as expected now!
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

News App - Settings Not Sticking (WAS: News App - Smart Pages)

GregChapman
I'm developing another news app at:
http://bb4er.2372904.n4.nabble.com/

Initially I thought this had similar problems as "Community Scene" but over the course of the evening I have decided that the issue is simply that many settings were not sticking.

The only setting that is now not sticking is the Preference "Page Layout - Narrow". I set it. I log out. only to discover that the app is in "Wide" mode, with the sidebar. I log back in go to Preferences only to discover that the dialogue still claims to be in "Narrow". When I click "Apply" the sidebar disappears. But next time I log out (so I can rtext things with a different user with different permissions) I find the sidebar returns.

Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

Re: News App - Settings Not Sticking (WAS: News App - Smart Pages)

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
I see this site as Narrow Layout.  Are you still having this problem?

It's hard to debug flaky issues that can't be reproduced reliably.  You can create a test site and see if there is a way to reproduce the problem of settings not stick there.  Then I can play with it without messing up a real site.

Re: News App - Settings Not Sticking (WAS: News App - Smart Pages)

GregChapman
Yes, Seems OK now. Apologies for the premature support request.

Guess it was a dodgy Internet connection causing my problem. It did drop out a couple of times last night. Guess I hadn't realise it at the time I made the post.

Abandoned a copper connection here in rural UK three years ago, replaced it with satellite but it's not always reliable so bring on full FTTH (Fibre To The Home)!
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!