Nabble multi-language?

hiddink
Hello!

Will Nabble2 be multi-language in the near future? Is there a way one could help in order to speed up this?

Thanks and regards!

Bert Hiddink

Re: Nabble multi-language?

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
We are very much user-driven. If there are enough users asking for it, we will do it. Sofar, I think you are the first one asking for this. So, let's wait a little more... Thanks a lot for offering help. We will contact you if we do decide to do it.

Re: Nabble multi-language?

hiddink
Hello,

Mmmm...that surprises me? The first one to ask for the multi-language feature???

But what I get from your message is that it can not be predicted when this feature will be there? As said, let me know if we can help...there is a Spanish-speaking community waiting for it!

Thanks!

Will <Nabble> wrote
We are very much user-driven. If there are enough users asking for it, we will do it. Sofar, I think you are the first one asking for this. So, let's wait a little more... Thanks a lot for offering help. We will contact you if we do decide to do it.

Re: Nabble multi-language?

Adela Jakielaszek
I'm interested in multi-language Nabble as well. I could translate it into Polish if there is be a sound method for doing so :-)
Pozdrawiam A.J.

Re: Nabble multi-language?

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Thanks! We will do it, in a few months' time. We'll keep you posted when we get around to do it.

Re: Nabble multi-language?

Nalicter
I believe I asked for this a really, really long time ago back on Nabble 1—though I was the only one at the time.

Remember when I talked about making it like Wikipedia with such as en.nabble.com, it.nabble.com, etc.?

Although my suggestion was to make it so every forum could be used for any language in this manner much as how Wikipedia articles can be viewed. I don't know if this is different from what everyone else wants. Is it? Or, are you just talking about the main page and the language all the buttons are in, and such? I guess you probably mean something like the latter, seeing as how Nabble isn't quite as in the wiki mode as it used to be.

So, I'm also guessing you wouldn't see the English forums from the foreign language sites, though, right? You'd only see Spanish ones in the Spanish area, right?

Re: Nabble multi-language?

Chris Vogt
+1 vote from me
Test-Signature

Re: Nabble multi-language?

GiannisG
Oh, yes - im looking forward to a greek spoken Nabble.

Maby i can help with the translation part - if the proccess is easy enough....

PS: can i add one more thing to that? Captcha with words is not very user friendly when you work in another language, with differend character set - as is in Greek. Any thoughts about making a [numbers only] option for your captcha system?

Re: Nabble multi-language?

wst0rm
Portuguese BR Vote here. Would help very much if we could translate it, I'm up for the task.

Re: Nabble multi-language?

Tout-Bien Administrateur
And French.
I'll allso agree to help if possible.

Steven

Re: Nabble multi-language?

cap_tic
Can we translate something yet (in french) ? How ? Is it possible with CSS ?

Thanks to your answer.

Re: Nabble multi-language?

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Thanks for all the requests. This has definitely upped the priority for this. I will discuss with the team and we will make a decision soon.

Re: Nabble multi-language?

Geo-rge
here is a request for an italian version

Re: Nabble multi-language?

L'adjoint du Chef
Same here french request, thanks a lot but most important is the subscription explanation in french

Re: Nabble multi-language?

skenliv
+1 request from me to.

Sweden = swedish.

Any translations needed, we can do.

Italian

insert_nick
here it is a +1 for an italian version.

As I know multilanguage development/maintainance is a not-so-easy task, can I suggest a good way to go?

Use GNU Gettext as the foundation for translations, and "pot/po/mo" format.
This way a good po editor could be used (e.g. poedit, which is multiplatform).

And let the community help to speed up things.

Re: Nabble multi-language?

Chris Vogt
Yes, I would help as well with the translation.
Test-Signature

Re: Nabble multi-language?

This priority of this feature is increasing.
Here is another point for the russian version:
http://www.nabble.com/enabling-i18n-features-of-nabble-software.-tp21789691p21789691.html

Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Nabble multi-language?

wojnicki
+1 for polish translation. I need it badly.

Re: Nabble multi-language?

Christopher Ho
I tried to use Nabble for my forum but I turned down the idea because of the lack of multilanguage.

I understand that Nabble is built by Java, so i18n is not very diffucult to be done.  If you guys need Traditional Chinese translation, please give me a shout ! I'm absolutely willing to give you a hand on that ! Thanks!
123