Member lost registration?

ashaw
Hello.  I have a small private forum for sharing download links for digital items for a team of mine.

I had one lady that went on break.  I removed her from the "member" portion.  When she came back from break, I added her back in like I have before.

However, this time - she was removed from Registered of which is locked so I couldn't have removed her as a registered person.

She's tried registering with 2 emails and it is not sending her or I an email that I have a new registered user to approve.  She is in the member area but it will not allow her access not being registered and there is nothing I can do on the back end (that I know of) to change that.

Thank you for any help!

Re: Member lost registration?

GregChapman
It is perfectly possible to add an address as a "Member" before a user registers. It means that as soon as they register they immediately have the full rights you want them to have. Providing  an administrator knows the a user's email address and trust that person, I strongly recommend any administrator adopt the pre-approval approach when the forum is designed for a small closed group.

That doesn't answer the problem of why they should disappear from the registered list. I'd recommend posting your forum's URL so Nabble can investigate that issue.

The most likely reason for someone not getting the confirmation email from Nabble is that it has been treated by the user's mail service as spam. Do get your user to check their spam folder.

Re: Member lost registration?

ashaw
Yes I have done this before, added a member that I knew was registering, but like you said it doesn't explain why her original registration has disappeared and why 2 different email reg's aren't coming through at all.  She and I both checked our spam, as I am not getting the alert of a new registered user either.

This is the forum:  http://amber-shaw-digitial-design-studio.52296.x6.nabble.com/

Re: Member lost registration?

haozwang<Nabble>
let me look into this... who is the member?

Re: Member lost registration?

ashaw
ellasspace

Re: Member lost registration?

haozwang<Nabble>
her problems might be explained by Greg here:
http://support.nabble.com/Missing-Email-Registration-Confirmation-td7599949.html

she is using a hotmail email address... can she use a different one?

Re: Member lost registration?

ashaw
She also used an AOL address.  why would her registration also disappear for no reason?

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 4:20 PM, haozwang<Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
her problems might be explained by Greg here:
http://support.nabble.com/Missing-Email-Registration-Confirmation-td7599949.html

she is using a hotmail email address... can she use a different one?

http://support.nabble.com/Member-lost-registration-tp7600000p7600023.html
To unsubscribe from Member lost registration?, click here.
NAML

Re: Member lost registration?

GregChapman
See answer at: