Forum deleted?

BobAchgill
Why would my forum have been deleted?

I received an email saying that my forum has been deleted.

No reason was given.

How can I restore it?

Re: Forum deleted?

haozwang<Nabble>
What was your forum URL?

Forums get deleted when there are prolonged periods of inactivity. You should get an warning email first

Re: Forum deleted?

BobAchgill
It used to be here...

http://www.hishandsreader.org/community.html

Re: Forum deleted?

haozwang<Nabble>
What is the nabble url, not the page it’s embedded on...

Re: Forum deleted?

BobAchgill
Is it this?
~~~
Hi BobAchgill,

Congratulations on your new forum!

His Hands Reader
http://his-hands-reader.36576.n8.nabble.com

Please bookmark the link above or save this email so you can easily find your forum in the future.
What is the nabble url, not the page it’s embedded on...

http://support.nabble.com/Forum-deleted-tp7600517p7600520.html
To unsubscribe from Forum deleted?, click here.
NAML

Re: Forum deleted?

haozwang<Nabble>
should be back on

Re: Forum deleted?

BobAchgill
Thank You!

How do I keep it from never being deleted?

Re: Forum deleted?

GregChapman
Nabble does delete forums that appear to be unused.

Nabble sends an email, but these can be treated as spam. Moral: Check your spam folder regularly!

Here's an example of the form they take:

Scheduled For Deletion
As you see, you get ten days warning.

As well as that your forum will have a banner across the top that looks like this:

Forum Deletion Warning
 Moral: Visit your forum at least once a week!

Note: Any visitor to your forum will see the banner. They are able to click the button and remove the message and threat of deletion. Forum Administrators who are not quick to respond to the email they receive often post here worried because they do not see the banner and the "Don't Delete This Forum" button and have no way to check who may have cancelled the deletion for them.

So to answer your question "How do I keep it from never being deleted? " just keep visiting and preferably keep posting!

Re: Forum deleted?

BobAchgill
Is their a paid version that keeps this from deleting?  This use scenario does not fit my schedule.
[...]

Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!
GregHelp - Building a set of answers to Nabble FAQs.

http://support.nabble.com/Forum-deleted-tp7600517p7600525.html
To unsubscribe from Forum deleted?, click here.
NAML

Re: Forum deleted?

BobAchgill

Is their a paid version that keeps my forum from being deleted?  Or can you recommend one?

Re: Forum deleted?

GregChapman
Nabble doesn't offer such a service.

You do need to be able to respond to an email within ten days and have some visits to the forum at least once a month if it is to suit you.

Nabble suits me because of its highly customisable features so I haven't investigated all the many options you could try from WordPress to Blogger to Blogspot and many others. I can only suggest you try a search. It probably is unusual to delete a forum that is unused - but not unreasonable. After all a forum is intended for discussion between users. No discussion implies a forum that is not reaching its intended market.

Blogging software may better meet your need.

Re: Forum deleted?

asinosentendemos
Hi!, I read this thread and today I found myself with the same problem. I got an Email saying my forum had been deleted today but I did not receive the previous message. Could you please help me too? The link was this http://comunidad-asi-nos-entendemos.1097324.n5.nabble.com/

Please, help... Thanks! Ana

Re: Forum deleted?

Storm
Same problem.

No warning and forum was deleted and I and several others were using it today:

 Dear user,

Your Nabble site "Rogue Musings" has been deleted.

You can download a backup of this site from the link below.
Nabble will try to keep this backup available for a few months, but this is not guaranteed.
If this content is important to you, save this copy as soon as possible.

http://rogue-musings.132103.n8.nabble.com/

Sincerely,
The Nabble team
Free Embeddable Forum powered by Nabble
http://www.nabble.com/
-=-=-==

How can I go about recovering the forum?

Thank you in advance