Footer, Edit function

minglemind
How can I restrict the edit function to an administrator or forum author?  Thanks, Bob

Re: Footer, Edit function

GregChapman
I assume by "forum author" you mean the person who created the forum. That person is given "Administrator" status by default (and, inevitably, will also be assigned to the "Registered" group as well).

Take a look at this post for more information about controlling access to a forum and the different groups users can be placed in automatically or need to be assigned to, manually, by an Administrator:
http://support.nabble.com/Moderating-free-forum-tp6873076p6873871.html

Re: Footer, Edit function

I think I may have misunderstood your question in my earlier reply. I didn't see the subject line and appreciate "footer" in it.

There's no need to worry about others editing your forum. They can't unless  you have given them Admin rights. Try editing this forum and see what happens. Keeping the link has great advantage to other forum owners as they can read and copy any edits you have done and use them on their own forums.

However, if you don't want to help others in this way, this topic should help.
http://support.nabble.com/Edit-this-page-only-for-admins-tp7591622.html