Change Domain Name isn't taking

Galaxy Outreach
Hello all,

We made the DNS/CNAME changes 4 days ago.  We are still seeing this warning when entering the new URL:

Your domain name currently resolves to an IP address that doesn't belong to Nabble. Please follow the instructions (see link below) in order to update your DNS. If you have just updated your DNS, please wait 24 hours for the changes to take affect.

and the new URL takes us to the Nabble home page.  The last report of this problem that I can find is:
  http://support.nabble.com/Own-Domaine-Name-Problem-td7584557.html

but that doesn't contain a fix.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave Clements

Re: Change Domain Name isn't taking

Galaxy Outreach
We are still seeing this behavior.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what we might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dave C

Re: Change Domain Name isn't taking

Pedro
I reset your domain's settings.
Please, follow these steps again:

We have changed our servers recently, it might have affected your site some how. Please, let me know if it works.

Re: Change Domain Name isn't taking

Galaxy Outreach
Hi Pedro,

This still isn't working for us.  We are still seeing this error/warning:

Your domain name currently resolves to an IP address that doesn't belong to Nabble. Please follow the instructions (see link below) in order to update your DNS. If you have just updated your DNS, please wait 24 hours for the changes to take affect.

and it isn't saving the new domain name.

----

From our sys admin:

The lists are CNAMEd to their full nabble hostname (which for the training list is): galaxy-training-mailing-list-archive.35427.n7.nabble.com. This name resolves to 162.253.133.81, which is the same IP that n7.nabble.com resolves to. So your browser is simply going to contact that address like:

% telnet n7.nabble.com 80
Trying 162.253.133.81...
Connected to n7.nabble.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: training.list.galaxyproject.org

Unfortunately it responds like so:

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
p3p: CP="IDC DSP TAIi PSAi PSDi OTPi OUR IND PHY ONL UNI NAV DEM PRE LOC"
Location: http://www.nabble.com/
Server: Jetty(7.6.0.v20120127)

The redirect suggests that n7.nabble.com is not configured with training.list.galaxyproject.org as a virtualhost, which it would need to be for it to understand the Host: header sent in the request. Can you triple check in Nabble that the list address on their side is set to training.list.galaxyproject.org? If yes, can you change it to something else and then change it back?

FWIW, I did try changing the CNAME to n7.nabble.com just now and it did not have any effect. Although I suppose if their webserver resolved the value passed in Host: to ensure it pointed back at the correct nabble server, we might have to wait up to an hour for it to update at their end.
-----
Any suggestions?  I'm way out of my depth here.

Thanks,

Dave C