when posting, how can comment be shortened..

Re: when posting, how can comment be shortened..

Pedro
I've reseted it for you.
our combined`effect wrote
change appearance, preference, resotre default, change to news??
Yes.

Re: when posting, how can comment be shortened..

our combined `effect
thanks again!

kara

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: when posting, how can comment be shortened..

our combined `effect
Heh Guy,

sorry but i don't have this choice here;

 http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/a-plan-do-in-translating-what-the-earth-speaks-f3732893.html

i can only get change application, then when go to news, error appears. but i can go back to blog ok.

so please tell me what to do when convenienct??

thnaks again, kara

                        `i come to talk story

Re: when posting, how can comment be shortened..

our combined `effect
Hello,

i hope well, sorry again to bother you.

again i go to change blog to news + i get error, so i changed it back. i'm still unable to go in a condense like the others for `read more.

please see; http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/a-plan-do-in-translating-what-the-earth-speaks-f3732893.html

it is doing what the others did before.

thank you, kara

                        `i come to talk story

What do you think of put all that description in a pinned topic?

Re: when posting, how can comment be shortened..

our combined `effect
thank you

i cannot find how to do this, can you tell me link please, kara

                        `i come to talk story

Re: when posting, how can comment be shortened..

Pedro
Create a new topic, post it. Then, open the topic -> options -> pin topic. You could create a topic called "About Us", "Read first", "Rules", "Description" or something like this to put that huge description that you have in the first page.
It might be cleaner.

Re: when posting, how can comment be shortened..

our combined `effect
This post was updated on .
Hello Pedro,

thank you, but please note;

  i did that, but when i went to delete the application my topic replaced + it said all under, such as subcategories would also be deleted.

so are you saying i should do each subcategorie as a topic also, can each be pinned in order?

if that does work, then can i get the comments to be hidden with brief description then `read more? as we did others. this `plan application is a blog.

when i try to change application as i did on all others from blog to news, i get a 500 error page. but i can change it back to blog, where others you had to change, i could not, then i could go ahead + change blog into news, which then had `read more mode on comments;

http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/a-plan-do-in-translating-what-the-earth-speaks-f3732893.html

so when convenient please let me know.

kara

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: when posting, how can comment be shortened..

GregChapman
our combined`effect wrote
i did that, but when i went to delete the application my topic replaced + it said all under, such as subcategories would also be deleted.
You did not read Pedro's comment properly. He did NOT suggest you should delete your application (which would cause all sub-categories to be deleted). What Pedro did suggested was that you:

1. CUT all the content now in the description field of your application.
2. Create a new topic with a subject  such as "About Us", "Read first" etc.
3. PASTE into that topic the existing description.
4. PIN the new topic

This is the same suggestion that I made to you many months ago and is because it would be normal for the Description field to be no more than a line or two. A short description would bring the application sidebar into view when your forum is first opened. This makes it far easier for a visitor to understand and navigate round your site.
so are you saying i should do each subcategorie as a topic also, can each be pinned in order?
You should consider that "Categories" to be like "Chapters" in a book or "Headings" in a magazine article. They are places to gather all the various "Topics" containing your thoughts related to that chapter or heading.

I confess that I find impossible to penetrate your "stream of consciousness" style of writing and have no idea of what your real message is, so I find it impossible to suggest what "Categories" you should consider for your site. So I'll use the example of a site about a car. for such a site I might have a category "Mechanics" which would have topics within about "The Engine", "The Cooling System", "The Battery" and another category "Passenger Comforts" with topics about "The Radio and CD Player", "Air Conditioning" and so on.
if that does work, then can i get the comments to be hidden with brief description then `read more?
You should use the "News" application to create that style of opening page.
when i try to change application as i did on all others from blog to news, i get a 500 error page.
That is not normal and should only happen occasionally when Nabble has a problem. (Of course, it might be that you are causing the problem by having an exceptionally long description for each category and it is that that breaks Nabble and causes the error.)

Re: when posting, how can comment be shortened..

our combined `effect
thank you,

i got up early thinking i could correct this. i did catch this later, sorry. but i will leave it for it is a nice explanation for another.

i plan to be shortening all of the applications. but this lengthy was for a few.

Happy New Year, kara

                        `i come to talk story

Re: when posting, how can comment be shortened..

our combined `effect
please note below link;

http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/a-plan-do-in-translating-what-the-earth-speaks-f3732893.html

i have shortened it even more so then others. but as in other applications, i needed Nabble to do something to stop the error message from appearing when i tried to change application from blog to newspaper. so i could then get `read more mode.

so perhaps i have to many subcategories??

please confiorm before i make more changes in this application.

thank you + no hurry for i know you have tried to resolve this, kara

                        `i come to talk story

I don't know what is happening, but your forum style is different from the others. I'll keep investigating.

Re: when posting, how can comment be shortened..

our combined `effect
This post was updated on .
thank you,

yes originally when i set it up, i played with all applications + combined..

what ever you did previously, so then when i turned my blog into news, to avoid the error, worked. so when i choose news, then i could obtain the `read more mode.

but the `plan i can`t yet, i did check all the subcategories of the `plan, changing all blogs to news, thinking maybe due to their settings, one was  blocking. but i still get 500 error when try to change the `plan to news application, from blog.

thanks again, kara

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: when posting, how can comment be shortened..

Hi Pedro,

I recall that it was discovered that there was an issue with nested "news" (or was it blogs?) applications a while ago. Perhaps it is related to that? - Just a thought!

Re: when posting, how can comment be shortened..

Pedro
I will check it.