unsubscribe by eMail code

nnako
This post was updated on .
Hi,

unfortunately, the code for "unsubscribe by eMail" does not seem to work as it should. Here the original NAML code:

macro: unsubscribe_by_code_url (original)
 <macro name="unsubscribe_by_code_url" requires="subscription">
    <n.remove_spaces.>
        <n.base_url/>
        <n.encode_url.>
            /template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=<n.node.id/>&code=<n.subscription_code/>
        </n.encode_url.>
    </n.remove_spaces.>
</macro>

Now, when the user's eMail subscription for the respective sub forum is active ("every post"), following and confirming the url link has NO EFFECT at all. So, the user (who has previously unsubscribed) continues to receive postings for this topic. When the "only topics" notification is active, though, unsubscribing via this url link works fine.

(1) Using an URL LINK, how do I modify the user's subscription status for the entire sub forum rather than just the subscription status for a single posting?

The following principal NAML code helps me determine the subscription status:
<user> . has_subscription_to_descentants_of . page_node . get_app_node
returns TRUE when the <user> has a permanent subscription for the current application (e.g. sub forum)

(2) Using NAML, how do I access the user's subscription status for a posting / thread / topic within a sub forum?

Re: unsibscribe by eMail code

Pedro
The url in both cases are the same:
Your forum's url/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=subscribe&node=1
or
Your forum's url/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe&node=1
Note that you have to use different values for the parameter node.  Each post, reply, and sub forum has a different node number, use them in the url.

Re: unsubscribe by eMail code

nnako
how do I find information about the "name space" and the "stack", which could help me figure out a path to find and access desired "nodes". Currently I try to find solutions by browsing the NAML macros and guessing. Could you provide some structural information about relevant constructions like "page_node"?

here is part of the page_node object as an example of what I thought:
picture: example object model
the "binary" contents are displayed in bold format while the editable macros are displayed with a green arrow.

We don't have an picture with this structure. You can learn more here: http://naml.nabble.com/ and searching on our support forum.

Re: unsubscribe by eMail code

nnako
it's a pity that there is no picture or other (more or less complete) structure documentation. I already read ALL of the documentations on the NAML page. Please see my "analysis" of the existing information about Nabble and NAML here:

http://support.nabble.com/Basic-User-Manual-for-Nabble-tp7589558p7590078.html

If you don't provide more structured information, people will continue asking the same questions and eventually they will get frustrated and stop using your great software. As I said, I am willing to support you, e.g. by working on the creation of user relevant and structured NAML documentation.

Few users are really into naml. But anyway, I'll back to work and improve our documentation.

Re: unsubscribe by eMail code

nnako
Great! :-)

Please let me know, when I can support. I got to like NAML.