two mailing list archives into one forum

two mailing list archives into one forum

mikenereson
I now have to mailing list archives. I have one embedded on our site. I want to add the second, and have them appear as a single forum. Is this possible?

So, I have architecture-rules-users and architecture-rules-dev. I want to embed something like

Architecture Rules Forum
Category 1:  architecture-rules-users
  recent post 1
  recent post 2
Category s:  architecture-rules-dev
  recent post 1
  recent post 2

I went to the users forum and created a new parent for it. I then tried to add a new category to the parent, but it only creates a blank category, not a category that is backed by a mailing list.

Thanks.

Re: two mailing list archives into one forum

mikenereson
I got it. I had the -users and -dev archived into their own forums. I created a new Forum. Then I visitied -users and set its parent to Forum then visisted -dev and set it parent to Forum. Sort of backwards from what it seems it should be. It seems like I should be able to create a top level forum and then add the children to it.

Oh well, I got it and I am happy with the final product. Thanks.