subscribers not receiving emails of posts

subscribers not receiving emails of posts

ghollmer
Hi,
I've just set up a Nabble blog at http://if-you-can-dream-it-you-can-do-it.980960.n3.nabble.com/ .  A few users, including myself have subscribed to the blog, but none are receiving notification of new posts.

Why?  Is there a step I am missing when I post?  Or is there something that needs to be enabled that is not?

Thanks for the help.
Gretchen

Re: subscribers not receiving emails of posts

blrobins

ghollmer wrote
Hi,
I've just set up a Nabble blog at http://if-you-can-dream-it-you-can-do-it.980960.n3.nabble.com/ .  A few users, including myself have subscribed to the blog, but none are receiving notification of new posts.

Why?  Is there a step I am missing when I post?  Or is there something that needs to be enabled that is not?

Thanks for the help.
Gretchen
 I am having the same problem. Anyone set up as administrator on our forum is able to receive individual emails from forum posts, but regular members are not receiving these emails. I have checked each member's account, and all are set up to receive individual emails and all are subscribed to the forum under the options menu. Advice? If we can't get this resolved soon I'm sad to say we'll have to pick a different forum to use. The email option is essential to our workflow.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Beth

Re: subscribers not receiving emails of posts

Peter <Nabble>
Tell those with issues to go to Options and select "Subscribe via Email". Then they should select their preferences there. See if that works.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

RE: subscribers not receiving emails of posts

blrobins

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the suggestion, but I've tried this. I've gone into each member's account and made sure that this option to "subscribe via email" was selected. All members of our forum have it selected, and they are still not able to receive emails. I even set myself up with a second account and I have the same problem. In one account (as administrator) I am able to receive emails. In the other account (as a member) I do not receive the emails in my inbox. I don't know if it makes a difference, but all the members are using gmail accounts.

Beth

Tell those with issues to go to Options and select "Subscribe via Email". Then they should select their preferences there. See if that works.

Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/subscribers-not-receiving-emails-of-posts-tp5849982p6292139.html

To unsubscribe from subscribers not receiving emails of posts, click here.

Re: subscribers not receiving emails of posts

It's stopped working for me! :-(

I've just posted to my forum at:
http://seahawk-forum.968426.n3.nabble.com/Weatherall-Norfolk-Broads-tp2843601p2843601.html
and my subscribed version hasn't arrived. Normally the mail arrives within minutes after posting.

Re: subscribers not receiving emails of posts

GregChapman
It seems to be working again on a blog of mine. (Not tried the forum yet since the failure).

It should be fixed by now. Please, report if you run into problems again.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

RE: subscribers not receiving emails of posts

blrobins

Thank you, Nabble Staff! We've tested it over here and our forum members are now all receiving their messages.

It should be fixed by now. Please, report if you run into problems again.

Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/subscribers-not-receiving-emails-of-posts-tp5849982p6299692.html

To unsubscribe from subscribers not receiving emails of posts, click here.