solr-dev mailing list

Re: solr-dev mailing list

sarowe
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
I believe you have more than one account on those forums. The owner account is sarowe at syr.edu. Is this the account you have been using? I see that such account is still not registered. You should register with that email on that forum in order to get access to the configuration options. If you don't want that account to be the owner, please give me the email or link to your second account and I will change the ownership for you again.
Thanks for the explanation.  I've logged in as sarowe(at)syr.edu, and I can now see admin options in the forums of which I'm the owner.

Different topic: I was looking for, but didn't find, an option that would fix a problem I've recently noticed: when people post through Nabble, <tagged> stuff </tagged> just disappears from the email that goes to the mailing list, though it is visible on Nabble itself.  Do you know how to fix this problem?  (Let me know if you need an example.)

Thanks,
Steve

Re: solr-dev mailing list

sarowe
Hugo,

Here's an example of the disappearing XML problem on the solr-user mailing list - you can see XML tagged text in the post:

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Strip-spaces-and-new-line-characters-from-data-tp2795453p2795453.html

And the raw message as recieved by apache - the place in the message where the XML tagged text should be is blank:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201104.mbox/raw/%3C1302272763508-2795453.post@n3.nabble.com%3E

Steve

Re: solr-dev mailing list

sarowe wrote
Cool.  Could you also please change the description on the Lucene -Java parent?  It still refers to java-dev(at)l.a.o instead of dev(at)l.a.o.  (I am apparently not the owner of the parent forum, because the option to change it isn't available to me when logged in as sarowe(at)syr.edu.)
Done, please take a look:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-f532863.html
sarowe wrote
The solr-dev mailing list was once a separate entity, so removing posts that aren't anywhere else doesn't seem right.  But the rest of your suggestions sound good.
That's true. I changed the description of that sub-forum, see:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-Dev-f506503.html

I unsubscribed that Solr-Dev archive so that it doesn't duplicate the Lucene Java Developer list. I also made the archive read-only in order to force users to post to the right archive.

Re: solr-dev mailing list

Thanks for reporting this bug, Steve.
I've created a ticket and it should be fixed within the next days.

I unsubscribed that Solr-Dev archive so that it doesn't duplicate the Lucene Java Developer list. I also made the archive read-only in order to force users to post to the right archive.
Sounds great, thanks!

Re: solr-dev mailing list

sarowe
Thanks!

Re: solr-dev mailing list

sarowe
Hi Hugo,
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
sarowe wrote
[W]hen people post through Nabble, <tagged> stuff </tagged> just disappears from the email that goes to the mailing list, though it is visible on Nabble itself.  Do you know how to fix this problem?
Thanks for reporting this bug, Steve.
I've created a ticket and it should be fixed within the next days.
FYI, The disappearing XML issue still exists - here's an example from today:

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/DataImportHandler-tp3001957p3005055.html

Here is the raw archived message as it arrived at apache.org:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201105.mbox/raw/%3C1306829759128-3005055.post@n3.nabble.com%3E

Steve

Re: solr-dev mailing list

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks, Steve. I will open a ticket for this bug again.

Re: solr-dev mailing list

Franklin <Nabble>
I suspect that the user edited the text after posting.  There is a "<!--" in the email but not in the posted text.
12