should say reply won't show...

Claude
It's the reply to a post that won't show untill you leave and come back -

then reply shows???

Why won't the reply show - without leaving?

Claude

Re: Posting Showing

Graham Perrin
This post was updated on .
When making my recent posts <http://n2.nabble.com/user/UserNodes.jtp?user=19440> I did not notice the symptom you describe. So, it may be useful to know how your environment differs from my environment. We can not guess the difference.

Here, I use Safari 4 Public Beta (5528.16, r42569) on Mac OS X 10.5.6, with third party cookies allowed, with PithHelmet for blocking.

Maybe the problem is/was with your browser or operating system, maybe with the forum to which you posted, maybe with the site at which the forum is embedded.

Please:

* Is the forum embedded?

* Can you offer the URL of the forum in which you see the issue?

* What's your operating system and version? Your browser and version? Are you disallowing third party cookies?

Postscript

This message was orphaned, probably as a result of <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp2696734p2718294.html>.

Re: Posting Showing

claude
Are you kidding -

It's my browser? IE7 ?

I have tried - just for the heck of it - Opera - FF - Chrome - Safari -
Same results...

Looks like you got a mess mash of hinz 57 features on your system....

Re: Posts don't show

Graham Perrin
test

— showed within ~2 seconds of me clicking Post Message.

Postscript

This message was orphaned, probably as a result of <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp2696734p2718294.html>.

Re: Posts don't show

Graham Perrin
ClaudeMobetta wrote
On 12-21-08 - there was a question about post not showing - until you leave and return -
<http://n2.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?forum=1&local=y&query=return+soon> finds nothing in December 2008.

Was answered by Wil - 12-21-08 - and was to be fixed soon ...
I find <http://n2.nabble.com/posting-very-delayed-tt1687516.html> which mentions delays, but nothing about leave and return.

Glancing at <http://n2.nabble.com/user/UserNodes.jtp?user=118583>, <http://n2.nabble.com/-td1390160.html> and <http://n2.nabble.com/user/UserNodes.jtp?user=115837&filter=forums>, it seems that the Light and Fluffy forum no longer exists.

It still has this bug --
As that forum no longer exists, I doubt that it's the same issue.

Regards
Graham

Postscript

This message was orphaned, probably as a result of <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp2696734p2718294.html>.

Re: should say reply won't show...

Graham Perrin
Do you mean, a post from someone other than you?

instant messaging: not a feature of Nabble

Graham Perrin
… if you're thinking of instant messaging (IM): that is not a feature.

Primarily, Nabble is a forum service.

Services are summarised in the six points at the home page.

Instant messaging, P2P messaging and private messaging were discussed a few weeks ago.

There is also the wish list, currently pinned at the head of this support forum, for features/services that are not provided.

Nabble are recently very busy implementing new features.

Kind regards
Graham (Nabble user)

A tip: when you have a problem with a particular message, it helps to include the link to that message. Use the More menu to show the permalink for that message.

Receive messages/notifications via e-mail

Graham Perrin
Tip: use the Options menu to receive notifications, via e-mail, of posts.

Keyword: subscribe.

With a good e-mail service provider, plus a good e-mail client, you should receive notifications in good time.

(I use a variety of service providers, and Mail in Apple Mac OS X.)

Re: should say reply won't show...

ClaudeMobetta
I mean what I said -
If you post (send) a reply - To a topic
Then go to the front page -
The reply is not added to the Replies -
You can then click on that Topic - and the reply will not show....
Leave the site - and return -
And the post is there.....
Why?

test

Graham Perrin
Posted 14:49:00 UK time

Re: test

Graham Perrin
In tests on
21st April <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp2671727p2670611.html> and
5th May <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp2671727p2795169.html> <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp2757073p2795754.html> I can not reproduce the symptoms. Replies do appear after posting, no need to leave.

test via SMTP

Graham Perrin
Sent from …@bton.ac.uk through smtp.sussex.ac.uk

Re: test via SMTP

Graham Perrin
Graham Perrin wrote
Sent from …@bton.ac.uk through smtp.sussex.ac.uk
The preceding message appeared normally, without problem. Leaving the site was not necessary, I simply reloaded the page.