separating which sub- forums can be viewed by "anyone" & "members""

Re: separating which sub- forums can be viewed by "anyone" & "members""

donharrison
no problem.  meanwhile l've updated my original post here,
to better reflect how we would like the current fwp site, to appear in both open & member views etc. (if possible)

cheers Don.

Re: separating which sub- forums can be viewed by "anyone" & "members""

Hugo <Nabble>
We have released a solution. Please go to "Options > Application > Extras & Add-ons" and select the "Content | Smart application pages" add-on. Then navigate through your apps and try logging out and logging in. You should see different contents. Please let me know what you think.

Re: separating which sub- forums can be viewed by "anyone" & "members""

donharrison
Wow - is what l think!

thanks very much to all at nabble.

cheers Don.

Re: separating which sub- forums can be viewed by "anyone" & "members""

No change here.

In my SeaHawk Forum
http://www.seahawk17.plus.com/forum.htm

When logged in as administrator I was expecting to see an additional "Moderated Posts" sub-forum under the "Forum Issues" sub-forum.

The "View" permission has been removed from all groups for the "Moderated Posts" forum, so I should be able to see it by virtue of the default Administrator=True setting, shouldn't I?

I can still only access the Moderated Posts sub-forum by creating a New post from the root forum selecting that forum from the list and then backing out of the new post creation by clicking the breadcrumb link at the top, or by going via Options > Structure > Manage SubCategories.

EDIT: Tried logging in and out and clearing session cookies

Re: separating which sub- forums can be viewed by "anyone" & "members""

Hugo <Nabble>
I see the issue, Greg. This happens because the "Moderated Posts" sub-forum isn't pinned and the MIXED type ignores it (the MIXED type creates a section on the front page only for pinned sub-apps). So please click on "Options > Structure > Manage subcategories" and pin that sub-forum (you can also use the up/down arrows to sort them).

Re: separating which sub- forums can be viewed by "anyone" & "members""

Ah! Yes!

I unpinned it ages ago. Before this upgrade,  pinning it made it visible to everyone - so I had to unpin it and reach it in the ways specified in the earlier post.

Just about to go and test...

EDIT: All now perfect! The newly pinned forum shows on my Admin login, but not when using my test username or when not logged in.
(I'll keep my other unpinned test sub-forum unpinned as a reminder about what I need to do. :-) )

Re: separating which sub- forums can be viewed by "anyone" & "members""

GregChapman
One more thing...

I've noticed that while I have "Topics View" on the root "Mixed" forum at:
http://www.seahawk17.plus.com/forum.htm
it is now missing from all the sub-forums.

Is that part of the "Smart Application" solution (to avoid server load) or an oversight?

Thinking about it, I guess it's not vital on forums with no sub-forums, but I recall it used to be there in the cached days.

Re: separating which sub- forums can be viewed by "anyone" & "members""

Peter <Nabble>
It only shows where you have subforums.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.
12