search not working

David Beaumont
I can't get to the bottom of this but a search of our forums (www.bargeforum.org) for 'www.dutchbarges.co.uk' comes up with 3 results.  However any search for 'dutchbarges.co.uk' even in advanced search and using any of the options including 'at least one of the words' comes up with nothing.

That is counter intuitive, I would expect it to find the first 3 results especially when using 'at least one of the words'.  I can understand why, it must treat the dots as being in the word.  Are partial searches not permitted?

Anyway the confusing 2nd problem is that any advanced search for the full  'www.dutchbarges.co.uk' using the 'at least one of the words' comes up with nothing!  This logically cannot be correct behaviour and is not explainable to me.

Re: search not working

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
We use a search package called Lucene for search and it seems that Lucene (SnowballAnalyzer) doesn't break up 'www.dutchbarges.co.uk' by default when parsing.  So this is treated like one big word.  This is something that we could fix when we have paid support if a paying customer asks.