search engine embeded on another page

☪Not_A_Admin
well i created a new forum, but i want to get the search box of the forum , embeded onto the homepage,

Re: search engine embeded on another page

Hugo <Nabble>
What should happen when people enter something in that search box and hit the button?
(1) Should it go to the page where the forum is with the search results showing?
(2) Or should it search your website and the forum at the same time and show all results?

The (2) will be possible in a few weeks when we release custom domain names. You will be able to create a URL like myforum.mydomain.com and set google custom search to include it in your search results.

Re: search engine embeded on another page

☪Not_A_Admin
i would like option 1 please,

I asked about the Google Custom Search Engine Like last august , glad its finally coming.

Re: search engine embeded on another page

Hugo <Nabble>
Option 1 should work as explained here:
http://n2.nabble.com/how-to-embed-the-search-engine-tp3031451p3039065.html
Did you try this?

Re: search engine embeded on another page

☪Not_A_Admin
i already tried this, no matter what site i put it on, it always ends up searching my ps3tube.co.nr site,
i want it to search my narutostation.co.cc .

Re: search engine embeded on another page

Hugo <Nabble>
That solution should work for you. Please create a test page on your domain and add that code to it (make sure the forum parameter has the ID of the forum you want to be searched). Then I can take a look and help you fixing problems.

RE: search engine embeded on another page

☪Not_A_Admin
sorry but i dont understand this parameer id thingy,
can you just edit the html and paste it here, so i can try it,
it doesnt seem to be working hte way i do it.

Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 19:00:14 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: search engine embeded on another page

That solution should work for you. Please create a test page on your domain and add that code to it (make sure the forum parameter has the ID of the forum you want to be searched). Then I can take a look and help you fixing problems.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/search-engine-embeded-on-another-page-tp4207972p4222317.html
To unsubscribe from Re: search engine embeded on another page, click here.

Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both.

RE: search engine embeded on another page

☪Not_A_Admin
oh...
dont worry i found out teh problem, it was n3.nabble not n2.nabble which my old site is on?
hey is thier a way that i can move my n2 nabble site onto a n3?

RE: search engine embeded on another page

Hugo <Nabble>
~Tanveer~ wrote
dont worry i found out teh problem, it was n3.nabble not n2.nabble which my old site is on?
Yes, you have to also pay attention to sub-domain information.
~Tanveer~ wrote
hey is thier a way that i can move my n2 nabble site onto a n3?
You have to ask us to migrate your forum to the other server. So you must post a link to the forum and also let us know which server you want.

RE: search engine embeded on another page

☪Not_A_Admin
Hey doing this, will i lose all my traffic?
i'd rather not move unless it has some benefits.

RE: search engine embeded on another page

Hugo <Nabble>
~Tanveer~ wrote
Hey doing this, will i lose all my traffic?
No, because visitors will be redirected back to your website. Just make sure you have the redirect option set.