scheduled Maintenance

Claude
Does any one know how long Nabbles was down for scheduled Maintenance 6.5.09 (last)?

Re: scheduled Maintenance

xilin
it was scary, at least for 4 hours, started around 10:30pm on June 4th, till pass 1:am central time on June 5th. Don't know what time the server came back up, but by 7:30am it was up. Does anyone know how often this "scheduled maintenance" has to be performed?

Re: scheduled Maintenance

Franklin <Nabble>
It wasn't scheduled.  The database got corrupted.  This hasn't happened before.  We will be releasing a distributed architecture soon which will allow us to distribute Nabble among several servers, with each server being fairly small.  Small servers can fixed faster, so if this happens again, we will fix it faster.

Re: scheduled Maintenance

Claude
So about 4 hours it was off.

Thanks for info.

And it was not scheduled by Nabble.
"The database got corrupted.  This hasn't happened before."

Thanks for your (Nabble peeps) Lots of extra work...
Stuff happens.... to the best of us....

Is it possible for Nabble to announce FUTURE Scheduled Maintenance -
Either posted on the Nabble Support Page - or by email?
Then we could notify our viewers?

Claude

Re: scheduled Maintenance

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
Yes we do announce scheduled maintenance on all forum pages if it will be anything longer than a few minutes of downtime.

Re: scheduled Maintenance

Claude
Thanks - good to know....

Claude