[resolved] Nabble message composition: if text selection begins at character 1, then selection is not recognised for markup

[resolved] Nabble message composition: if text selection begins at character 1, then selection is not recognised for markup

Graham Perrin
This post was updated on .
1. in a message editing window

2. type a word

3. select the word

4. click B or I (for bold or italic)

Bug

 • The selected text is not marked up
 • Nabble prompts the user to enter text.

Workaround

Precede the text to be marked up with any character. A single white space suffices.

A guess

The bug bites only if the selected text includes the first character in the editing window.

Internet Explorer 7 failures with bold and italic features of the graphical markup toolbar

Graham Perrin
The previously mentioned workaround is

 • effective in Safari 3.2.1 (5525.27.1) and WebKit nightly and and Firefox 3.0.5 on Mac OS X 10.5.6, Intel

 • not effective in Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP.

A click on the B or I or Link buttons of the toolbar causes Internet Explorer to drop a warning that prompts the user to Temporarily Allow Scripted Windows.

Following the temporarily allowance:

 • selected text in any part of the IE message composition window can not be marked bold using the graphical toolbar

 • selected text in any part of the IE message composition window can not be marked italic using the graphical toolbar.

This warning re-presents following a reload, so I guess that the warning may present for any/every message composition in Internet Explorer 7.

For me: Google Chrome beta in Windows XP is only very slightly bugged by graphical toolbar

Graham Perrin
This post was updated on .
Graham Perrin wrote

Re: For me: Google Chrome beta in Windows XP is only very slightly bugged by graphical toolbar

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks for reporting this. We have fixed the bug and this will be available in the next release, which should happen in the next 24 hours.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Nabble message composition: if text selection begins at character 1, then selection is not recognised for markup

Graham Perrin
Fix confirmed in:

• Chrome on Windows XP
• Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106 in CrossOver
• Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
• Safari 3.2.1 (5525.27.1) on Mac OS X 10.5.6.

Thanks!