remove thread not working

Gale (Audacity Team)
I was trying to remove this thread:
http://n2.nabble.com/-Audacity-help--need-help-with-audacity-td276096.html#a276096

as owner of Audacity-help. I clicked the remove thread link in <More> and confirmed and that link has now gone, but the thread refuses to go. Poster of question wants it removed. Can you do so?

Note: <More> no longer has a link to edit posts, even my own. I'm sure I edited others' posts in the past. Has that changed?

Thanks

Gale

Re: remove thread not working

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Gale,

The "Remove" and "Delete" words have different meanings for Nabble. Removing a post from a forum doesn't delete it permanently. The owner of the post can still find it by visiting his/her profile. The thread you mentioned was already removed from the forum (open it and look at the breadcrumbs trail at the top -- there is no forum name there). Note that only the owner of a post can delete it permanently. So you should contact Jane Albusche and ask her to delete that thread. You can delete your reply if you want.
Gale (Audacity Team) wrote
Note: <More> no longer has a link to edit posts, even my own. I'm sure I edited others' posts in the past. Has that changed?
It hasn't changed. Please make sure you are logged in with the exact account of the poster.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: remove thread not working

Gale (Audacity Team)
Hi Hugo

It didn't seem to happen for quite a while. I could still search the Audacity forum for "Albusche" and find the post, I agree searching for it finds nothing now which is her main concern. The poster just sent an e-mail to the associated address, not from Nabble, so is unregistered. So she would have to register to delete the post would she?

On most Forums e.g. PhpBB, designated people can edit anyone's post e.g. to remove an expletive, without having to remove the post. Would it not be an idea if the list owner could do that?

Thanks

Gale

Re: remove thread not working

Hugo <Nabble>
Gale (Audacity Team) wrote
It didn't seem to happen for quite a while. I could still search the Audacity forum for "Albusche" and find the post, I agree searching for it finds nothing now which is her main concern. The poster just sent an e-mail to the associated address, not from Nabble, so is unregistered. So she would have to register to delete the post would she?
I deleted that thread for you.
Gale (Audacity Team) wrote
On most Forums e.g. PhpBB, designated people can edit anyone's post e.g. to remove an expletive, without having to remove the post. Would it not be an idea if the list owner could do that?
At Nabble, we try to keep a balance of user privileges in order to protect one against the other. We consider a post an exclusive property of its owner. Forum owners can remove his posts, but never delete them. Forum owners can ban users, but never delete their posts. We do this in order to prevent abuse. Post editing also falls into these rules. So we prefer that people talk to reach an agreement instead of giving too much power to just one or two users. This is our philosophy.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com