remove 'new topic' from main forum

David Beaumont
We used to have the main forum with sub forums and you could only post in the sub forum, - hence posts were always in one sub forum or other.  Since the quiet Nabble Move (thanks for that) 'new topic' has reappeared and so posts have appeared that are not allocated to any sub forum.

How can we remove 'new topic' from the main menu forum, www.bargeforum.org

Thanks

Re: remove 'new topic' from main forum

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: remove 'new topic' from main forum

David Beaumont
thanks.  It is pretty crap, it is not how I first set it up.  Nabble seems to be going downhill.   first task was to find permissions.  I switched posting off for everyone.  Then I had to go to each sub forum and switch it back on for those forums.  And 'new topic' still appears in the parent forum, it is just it doesn't work now.  That gives my users a great impression. Not.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: remove 'new topic' from main forum

David Beaumont
'New Topic' in the parent forum now asks which forum you want to post in, which is good, thanks.  Only after I had to custom all the sub forum post permissions though.

Re: remove 'new topic' from main forum

☪Not_A_Admin
If your admin in the forum, then you can make change to it.
I think what your trying to do is get people to post in the sub forums and not make a new topic in the category it self, If thats the case you just got to change the Main part of the forum to board
and then the 2nd level to category, and then third level to forum.
Then it will look like PHPBB And Vbulletin style Forum.