rejected mails on archived mailing list

Mike Wilson
Recently I have been seeing some warnings about rejected mail on one of my archived mailing lists (http://n2.nabble.com/DWR---Users-f2114559.html). It seems to be a temporary problem as just a few mails get lost on each occasion. Below I include the latest warning mail. At the bottom you can see that the nabble server is rejecting mailing list traffic with a 550 status.
Are you aware of any problems and have a solution?
Best regards
Mike Wilson

From: users-help@dwr.dev.java.net
To: lists+1231185278751-2114559@n2.nabble.com
Date: Thu Feb 19 23:00:53 PST 2009

users@dwr.dev.java.net mailing list.

Messages to you from the users mailing list seem to
message I received.

I will remove your address from the users mailing list,
without further notice.

I've kept a list of which messages from the users mailing list have
bounced from your address.

send an empty message to:
   <users-get.123_145@dwr.dev.java.net>

send an empty message to:
   <users-index@dwr.dev.java.net>

Here are the message numbers:

Date: 8 Feb 2009 15:25:49 -0000
From: MAILER-DAEMON@dev.java.net
To: users-return-15653-@dwr.dev.java.net
Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at dev.java.net.

<lists+1231185278751-2114559@n2.nabble.com>:
216.139.236.158 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 550 Rejected

Re: rejected mails on archived mailing list

Mike Wilson
Any clues on what's causing this?
(Does Nabble's mail server have intermittent problems?)

Re: rejected mails on archived mailing list

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Mike,

This was probably the server rejecting some spam messages.
We have fixed it to be less verbose in situations like that.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

RE: rejected mails on archived mailing list

Mike Wilson
Ah, right. Good.
Yes, it would probably be nice not to return an error code to the originating mail server as this triggers (in this case) the warning mail.