register/confirm new user - acct not recognized by forums

register/confirm new user - acct not recognized by forums

Gary White
I registered & confirmed my acct; when I go to forums, the "Login: Register" links are displayed instead of my user name as it is in the top-level Nabble pages. When I attempt to create a post I am redirected to a login page. When I attempt log in using the userid/pw just registered, I get the following message: Incorrect Login! Please re-enter your e-mail/password and click Login. Please help. Thanks, Gary P.S. I'm trying to post to the "groovy - user" forum (http://www.nabble.com/groovy---user-f11867.html).

Re: register/confirm new user - acct not recognized by forums

Hugo <Nabble>
You are trying to post to a forum that resides in our old system. I believe you have registered only in the new system (this server), so your account isn't valid for the groovy-user forum. We will migrate those old forums to the new servers soon, but while this doesn't happen, you should register in the old system to be able to post from there: http://www.nabble.com/user/Register.jtp

Re: register/confirm new user - acct not recognized by forums

Gary White
Thanks for the response.

I just tried the link in your email and I get the following message:

User is already registered
Please enter correct information and click Register.

I also tried registering after clicking the "Old Nabble1" link and received the same results.

Re: register/confirm new user - acct not recognized by forums

Hugo <Nabble>
So you are registered in the old system. Did you try retrieving the forgotten password? You can find this link in the login screen.

Re: register/confirm new user - acct not recognized by forums

Gary White
That was it.

Thanks again.

Re: register/confirm new user - acct not recognized by forums

luuuciano
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
We will migrate those old forums to the new servers soon
do you have an idea about how much is "soon"?

just to have an idea :)

best regards

Re: register/confirm new user - acct not recognized by forums

Hugo <Nabble>
We should start at the end of this week, but we have small problems with the migration code and part of the team is on vacation. So I think at most next week.