posts via Nabble forum 1653123 in incorrectly threaded on delivery

posts via Nabble forum 1653123 in incorrectly threaded on delivery

Graham Perrin
At <http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-users/2009-September/thread.html> most threads are wrong.

At a glance: most of my posts via Nabble have the wrong parentage.

New topics in Nabble do not appear as new threads in Pipermail.

Should I suspect an issue with Nabble? Or the list? Or some combination of the two?

(I attended to the list a few times recently under nearby <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp3636586p3636586.html> and found nothing unusual there.)

Re: posts via Nabble forum 1653123 in incorrectly threaded on delivery

Hugo <Nabble>
We haven't changed this code recently. So I believe this was caused by posting some many messages at once and the emails might have arrived at different times, creating a strange order in the thread archive. Well, just an assumption.

Re: posts via Nabble forum 1653123 in incorrectly threaded on delivery

Graham Perrin
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
<http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-users/2009-October/thread.html> looks dreadfully wrong, and messages were posted in a leisurely way, the timing can't explain the wrongness.

I read this topic alongside
messages from list misplaced (mis-threaded) in Nabble

Re: posts via Nabble forum 1653123 in incorrectly threaded on delivery

Graham Perrin
Example: <http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-users/2009-October/004595.html> posted via Nabble was a reply to a post that was made in May 2008.

It's misrepresented as being part of a thread that began in October 2009.

Might this be an issue with the mailman installation?

Postscripts

In conversation in IRC I'm steered to
[Mailman-Users] weird archive "thread" view
but AFAICT what's described there would not explain the opening observation,

New topics in Nabble do not appear as new threads in Pipermail.