pointing my domains to my nabble forum

donharrison
Hi Hugo,

l'd like both the following domains to point to:
http://fishing-forum.105187.n3.nabble.com/

at the moment there pointing here:

fishingwesternport.com = http://www.nabble.com/
fishingwesternport.net = http://www.nabble.com/

what should l do?

cheers Don.

Re: pointing my domains to my nabble forum

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Don, you should use the "Options > Editor > Change domain name" feature. You will notice that your forum can only have one domain name. So you should choose one and make your forum use it. You can point the other domain to the domain you have chosen for your forum (you can set a redirect in your domain configuration - this should be done in your Registrar, not Nabble). Please let me know if you have questions, comments or concerns.

Re: pointing my domains to my nabble forum

donharrison
Thanks Hugo!

(godaddy.com) www.fishingwesternport.com = Fishing Forum.

however:
(godaddy.com) fishingwesternport.com = nabble.com
(domain.com)  www.fishingwesternport.net = nabble.com
(domain.com)  fishingwesternport.net  = nabble.com

so l'll need to set a "redirect" to 216.139.250.152 from there (registrar's)
for these 3 to point to: http://fishing-forum.105187.n3.nabble.com/ ?

sorry for the question, just very new to this.

cheers Don.

Re: pointing my domains to my nabble forum

Hugo <Nabble>
donharrison wrote
(godaddy.com) www.fishingwesternport.com = Fishing Forum.
It looks good.
donharrison wrote
however:
(godaddy.com) fishingwesternport.com = nabble.com
(domain.com)  www.fishingwesternport.net = nabble.com
(domain.com)  fishingwesternport.net  = nabble.com

so l'll need to set a "redirect" to 216.139.250.152 from there (registrar's)
for these 3 to point to: http://fishing-forum.105187.n3.nabble.com/ ?
You should make those three URLs redirect to "www.fishingwesternport.com".
I found one example of such configuration here:
http://www.active-domain.com/help/help-web-forwarding.htm
(look for the "URL Redirect" option)
I guess you can find similar options in godaddy.com and domain.com.

Re: pointing my domains to my nabble forum

Vladas
No, http://vaizdai.858148.n3.nabble.com/ refuses to accept http://vaizdai.palubinskas.lt/ — it simply redirects to http://www.nabble.com/ start page.

http://vaizdai.858148.n3.nabble.com/forum/ChangeDomainName.jtp says:

/!\ Your domain name currently resolves to an IP address that doesn't belong to Nabble.

what is not true — an A record is assigned to 216.139.250.152 and returns www.nabble.com today. Do you still offer this custom domain service?

Vladas Palubinskas

Re: pointing my domains to my nabble forum

Hugo <Nabble>
I guess you tried changing your domain name while the DNS was still propagating. I just went to your forum and set the new domain for you without problems. Please let me know if you still have issues.

Re: pointing my domains to my nabble forum

Vladas
It is OK now, thanks!