please specify upload specifications on a subcatagorie..

please specify upload specifications on a subcatagorie..

our combined `effect
Hi guys,

i made a new subcatagorie,

http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/for-Rio-20-beyond-we-put-this-up-now-to-be-used-f7559280.html

it came up very big, is that Nabble or my error?

 also i uploaded 2  microsoft documents from microsoft starter 2010: 1 about 14 pages, the other about 170 pages. the microsoft document is a freebie mode with my new computer, so not sure if that makes a difference or if i have to create a pdf, which i prefer not to for i need to complete editing, but i'm sending it around due to not being able to upload for the RIO 20 in a few days.

so point is it is in html i think, + please tell me how it can be read as plain text?

thank you, meanwhile i will try + upload again, kara

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: please specify upload specifications on a subcatagorie..

our combined `effect
hi guys,

i tried to do another subcatagorie + upload again + same thing, but it is not html, what is it??

http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/Rio-20-beyond-we-have-solutions-f7559281.html

i'll leave them boith up so you can see + tell me what to do please.

thanks, kara

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

                        `i come to talk story

Re: please specify upload specifications on a subcatagorie..

our combined`effect wrote
Hi guys,

i made a new subcatagorie,

http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/for-Rio-20-beyond-we-put-this-up-now-to-be-used-f7559280.html

it came up very big, is that Nabble or my error?
Your error, I think.

You seem to have loaded your post into the Description area of the sub-category, which is also why it has come out centred.

The description area is intended for a sentence or two to enhance the title of the sub-category.
also i uploaded 2  microsoft documents from microsoft starter 2010: 1 about 14 pages, the other about 170 pages. the microsoft document is a freebie mode with my new computer, so not sure if that makes a difference or if i have to create a pdf, which i prefer not to for i need to complete editing, but i'm sending it around due to not being able to upload for the RIO 20 in a few days.
You should post your blog in plain text. If you want to create your post in an external editor, rather than type directly into the Edit Box within your Nabble application, then it is probably best to use NOTEPAD, or your preferred plain text editor, and copy and paste the entry into Nabble's edit box.

If you wish to enhance your text, with features such as bold or italic text, then it is easier to use a more sophisticated text editor that is capable of adding the appropriate HTML tags with a keyboard shortcut of some kind.

A blog is designed as a journal, typically with relatively short daily entries which are to be read on screen. Blog entries should not normally be of a size that would take many pages to print. You would be better off posting a short article introducing the document and then attaching the full document as a file attachment. If you expect your readers to print this for reading, then it is probably best uploaded as a PDF file.
so point is it is in html i think, + please tell me how it can be read as plain text?
By posting it as plain text.

Re: please specify upload specifications on a subcatagorie..

our combined`effect wrote
i tried to do another subcatagorie + upload again + same thing, but it is not html, what is it??

http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/Rio-20-beyond-we-have-solutions-f7559281.html
Same problem as with the first article. It is posted into the Description area of the Sub-Category

Re: please specify upload specifications on a subcatagorie..

our combined`effect wrote
also please explain what the publicly recomment on google tab is for.
See Google's Own Explanation.

Re: please specify upload specifications on a subcatagorie..

our combined `effect
Hello,

thanks so much for your help.

i need to be clear, for i really want to respect Nabbles protocol, so please explain what is acceptable;

my documents that i thought i could upload are long, 1- 14 pages, the other 170 or so. which i was considering an online book, but due to not completing in time for RIO + 20 which is happening this week, I wanted to post it for all to take part. so how do i do an attatchment, if this is acceptable? + where is this document held at? does it have to be pdf, if others can also edit? i don't see choice in upload, under more, where is it? i could do a pdf perhaps then go back + change if finishing editing down the road.

+ to do plain text, which i can't imagine posting that, but if i ever do post a short, is that a choice on the microsoft document to choose?

i had written before about our proposed project osic but no answer;

we are proposing to use Nabble, with this forum, to globally reach out to all schools, US Ed Dept has given us access to their bulk school list, do you offer any kind of service for a bulk mail out of this magnitude? if not my Gaia email service does.

as well we are presently seeking international bulk school lists for email, along with global representitives for communities without schools.

so i wanted to post the introductory letter, so those i don't reach thru email can also reach out, as well then they could come to Nabble, our forum + review the online support curriculum in this 170 page document.

then all chooses to come post on Nabble, our forum, as we create a nice archive for exchange to build working ecological sustaining communities, leaving no one left behind.

so please guide for what Nabble would like me to do.

thanks, kara

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: please specify upload specifications on a subcatagorie..

GregChapman
our combined`effect wrote
i need to be clear, for i really want to respect Nabbles protocol, so please explain what is acceptable;

my documents that i thought i could upload are long, 1- 14 pages, the other 170 or so.
This is the web, so the number of pages in a printed document is irrelevant. What matters is file size.

Nabble's upload limits are:
Max File Size = 5 Mb
Max Image Size = 1 Mb
how do i do an attatchment,
While editing your post, click the MORE button above the edit box and select UPLOAD A FILE. You will be presented with a dialogue where you can browse for the file on your computer and upload it. The process will generate a link to your file within the body of your message.
where is this document held at?
On Nabble's servers, in a file area associated with your forum.
does it have to be pdf
It can be any file type you like. There is no restriction. (I only suggested PDF because your reference to "pages" suggested that you expected your forum's users would want a printed version and that is the most universally accepted for formatted text and images.)

What file type you choose will depend on your purpose and you intended audience and the software they are likely to have available.
to do plain text, which i can't imagine posting that, but if i ever do post a short, is that a choice on the microsoft document to choose?
Maybe we are misunderstanding each other. I do not understand your reference to Microsoft documents.

When you post in a Nabble forum, such as your questions here,  there is only minimal opportunity for formatting your text. There are just buttons for bold or italic text above the edit box. When you use them it just inserts the necessary HTML code for you into the message you are typing.

If you want more complex formatting you need to check the "Message is in HTML format" box and add all the code manually yourself. The only option is to write in some other program capable of generating HTML code and paste in the source HTML code generated by that program.

You could use a suitable Microsoft program to do that, but there are many other publishers of siftware that will also do the job.
i had written before about our proposed project osic but no answer;

we are proposing to use Nabble, with this forum, to globally reach out to all schools, US Ed Dept has given us access to their bulk school list, do you offer any kind of service for a bulk mail out of this magnitude? if not my Gaia email service does.
I know nothing of osic and may be misunderstanding again.

A forum is a mechanism for publishing material which others need to visit and may optionally respond to. Email is a mechanism for you to contact people for whom you have an address. They are very different in nature. Nabble provides a forum. You need to use a different mechanism to drive visitors to it.
as well we are presently seeking international bulk school lists for email, along with global representitives for communities without schools.
A forum can help you with some of that, but a forum doesn't not, of itself, attract visitors. You need to promote it in other ways.
so i wanted to post the introductory letter, so those i don't reach thru email can also reach out, as well then they could come to Nabble, our forum + review the online support curriculum in this 170 page document.
Nabble can host that document for you - probably it will have to be broken into a number of parts, as it must be uploaded in files that do not exceed 5Mb, but you need a different mechanism to inform your target audience that it exists on Nabble.
so please guide for what Nabble would like me to do.
I don't speak for Nabble. I am just a happy user of their service. Hopefully, though, this response tells you what you need to know.

Re: please specify upload specifications on a subcatagorie..

our combined `effect
Hello,

thank you very much for your detail.

i do not expect Nabble to advertise for me or do a large mailout, so yes i understand you their.

but my microsoft document  which is 1.38 MB does not come out ledgeble when i go to more + upload, it is jibberish, not even html?? so what is it, what am i doing wrong.
see this link please;

http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/project-osic-open-school-doors-into-community-f7559277.html

this is where i uploaded my 2 files;

http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/file/n7559277/Welcome_to_our_introductory_email_for_project_osic.docx

+

http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/file/n7559277/project_osic.docx

are they coming out this way to your view? i say again, is it because my internet may not be strong when i uploaded? + i should just keep trying?

i can attatched them to my email service without a problem.

thank you again for trying to help me upload these. i corrected my other errors, kara

                        `i come to talk story

Re: please specify upload specifications on a subcatagorie..

our combined `effect
Hey guys,

thanks but since i could not figure out how to get my attatchment with a document, i made a pdf, which uploaded fine, so for now ok, but still would like to know waht the jibberish was, but that can be later when you have nothing else to do,

thanks for all Nabble is a great tool!
kara

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: please specify upload specifications on a subcatagorie..

Hi,
our combined`effect wrote
my microsoft document  which is 1.38 MB does not come out ledgeble when i go to more + upload, it is jibberish, not even html?? so what is it, what am i doing wrong.
I think you have done more editing since you made this post, so I may be misunderstanding your problem.

The links to the two .docx files you provided both now show as Error 404, which I presume means that you have edited your post and now have .pdf files at the two links instead. Those links are working and the files download and display as I would expect.

Without the evidence of the original uploads and the ability to recreate your problem it's not possible to say what was wrong.

However, I would make the general observation that .docx is a proprietary Microsoft format that is only supported by their most recent products and very few other software publishers. You are certainly better off circulating documents in the PDF format as they display more reliably on the widest range of computers.

I will also repeat my earlier comment that your use of the Nabble's "Description" area for your Introduction to your blog is inappropriate. That area is intended for a brief summary, one or two lines at most. What you should do is move all that material into a main entry on your blog and then PIN it (OPTIONS > PIN TOPIC). This will keep it as the first post that any new visitor will see and allows visitors to see the blog's Menu, Subscribe, People and Archives without needing to scroll.

One final tip: Avoid centred text except for headings. When every line, long and short, jumps about it is extremely difficult to read.