please fully remove my forum

kcaj xoc
please fully remove my forum http://kcajminer2312-s-website.158654.n8.nabble.com/
as it is not needed now and is messing with google search for my main website

Re: please fully remove my forum

Gary Lewis
I'm curious - how is it messing with google search for the main website?  I have Google successfully searching both the forum and the main website, but maybe I'm missing something?
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: please fully remove my forum

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Seems that your forum has already been deleted. Try to clean up the caches.

when you google search kcajminer2312' website into google the forum is found and google does not find kcajminer2312.servegame.com

Re: please fully remove my forum

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Is the forum embed on your site?

Re: please fully remove my forum

kcaj xoc
not now,but i can not google search my main website kcajminer2312.servegame.com as the site name is the same.and i want this forum removing fully, so its not on google

Re: please fully remove my forum

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Looking at the source code of your site we have found the following line of code:
http://support.nabble.com/please-fully-remove-my-forum-td7604063.html#a7604066
Is it possible you remove it?

Re: please fully remove my forum

kcaj xoc
what does this have to do with removing my forum from google?
it is just an iframe of this support forum so i know when you have sent a reply  to me.
i will remove it but it still will not remove the forum from google

Administrator
Which browser are you using? Do you have the same results in other web browsers?

Re: please fully remove my forum

kcaj xoc
yes ,it the same in other browsers.
please remove the forum from google, it is messing up search results for my main website.

Re: please fully remove my forum

kcaj xoc
can this be fixed today please :(

Re: please fully remove my forum

GregChapman
Hi  kcaj xoc,

I may be completely misunderstanding the situation, but Nabble appear to have done all it can. The forum is no more.

Search engines will continue to include your forum (and any other links that may be dead) in their search results until their spider re-crawls the appropriate parts of Nabble. That could take a number of weeks.

(If you want to waste your time) your complaint should be directed to Google, Bing, Yandex and the rest. There is nothing Nabble can do to force a search engine to change when its site is scheduled to be re-crawled.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!
GregHelp - Building a set of answers to Nabble FAQs.

Re: please fully remove my forum

kcaj xoc
the site is not just on google, it still exists, the link is still active

Re: please fully remove my forum

GregChapman
It appears that you misunderstand what you are looking at on the search engines.

Search engines provide results to queries based on what is held in their database. They populate their database with information gleaned when they periodically visit a site to see what information on held on it.

Nabble has deleted your forum. When you follow a link found on a search engine results page you are taken to Nabble's Error 404 page. (A page that a web site presents when someone has requested a page that no longer exists. In Nabble's case the error page is its own home page.)

Search engines provide a facility to explain why a page is included in their search results listing, this is their cached version of the page as it was when the search engine last inspected the site. Undoubtedly, what you are complaining about is being able to access the copy of the page once available at Nabble but still held by the search engine and used to justify its inclusion in the results of your query.

Nabble has no control over the information held by a search engine or how long it will be before its site is revisited. All you can do is wait until the search engine re-visits Nabble and confirms the forum no longer exists. Only then will it's current cached page disappear from its database.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!
GregHelp - Building a set of answers to Nabble FAQs.

Re: please fully remove my forum

kcaj xoc
GregChapman wrote
this does not happen it still takes my to the forum

Re: please fully remove my forum

GregChapman
Please confirm you have cleared your browser's cache before you tried to access the forum.

Be aware that by default your browser will always reload a previously viewed page from its cache and not fetch a further copy from the server. This is designed to load a page quicker and to save data charges.

Alternatively try testing by using a device that has never visited your old forum.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!
GregHelp - Building a set of answers to Nabble FAQs.

Re: please fully remove my forum

kcaj xoc
didn't think to clear cache.
the website is now offline, now i just need to wait for google to delete it