permissions on parent and sub folders

Fireman Grumpy
I have a problem.

I want to add authorised users to my parent forum, AND have them automatically add to the sub forums within.

At present I have to trawl through each sub forum and add each user (or remove them) one at a time.

I'm impatient!

Is there a way to add or delete a user from the parent forum and have that feed down through the sub forums?

Thanks
If it's got a face..I'll eat it!
www.madelinedolls.co.uk
Doyleysdolls and Keepsakes

Re: permissions on parent and sub folders

Hugo <Nabble>
If you set your parent forum to private, all sub-forums will be private too and the list of authorized users will be inherited. So, reset your sub-forums to "Everyone Can View & Post" and let just the parent forum control who can view and post.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: permissions on parent and sub folders

Fireman Grumpy
AAAH!!

That makes sense.

I think I was just put off by the 'everyone can view and post' part.

Thanks very much.

If it's got a face..I'll eat it!
www.madelinedolls.co.uk
Doyleysdolls and Keepsakes

Re: permissions on parent and sub folders

Dr.Octto
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
If you set your parent forum to private, all sub-forums will be private too and the list of authorized users will be inherited. So, reset your sub-forums to "Everyone Can View & Post" and let just the parent forum control who can view and post.
So, to clarify: if the sub-forum is set to "Everyone Can View & Post", the 'Everyone' is restricted to authourized users in the parent forum?    That is, the subforum is still not public.    Logically, it makes sense but I agree that the action-description is counter-intuitive.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: permissions on parent and sub folders

Hugo <Nabble>
Dr.Octto wrote
So, to clarify: if the sub-forum is set to "Everyone Can View & Post", the 'Everyone' is restricted to authourized users in the parent forum?    That is, the subforum is still not public.    Logically, it makes sense but I agree that the action-description is counter-intuitive.
That's right. We have fixed the wording in that UI, but this will only be available after the next release, which should happen in a day or two.

Thanks for the tip.
Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com