permissions confusion over sub categories for a blog forum

permissions confusion over sub categories for a blog forum

vames
Hi,
I am testing a blog forum http://n2.nabble.com/acesblogtest-f2393401.html
The forum has one creator and no co-owners
I want to have the permissions set at this level so that anyone can view but no one can post.
Then we have sub categories (naming confusion as they are blog areas rather than categories)

Each sub category is obviously created by the owner and a single co owner is applied.
Thus we have the ability to have many members with their own blog site with the main blog forum acting as a shop window.

For my sub category (blog area) I would like to set the permissions so that only I can post but anyone at all (anonymous users) can comment

I can not seem to find any combination of user permissions that allow this.

If anyone can tell me how to configure this I would be grateful

Thank you

James

Re: permissions confusion over sub categories for a blog forum

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi James,

From what I understand, you don't need to change permissions (access rights). All you have to change is the read-only property of your blog and subcategories. This can be done by clicking on "Options > Restrict new topics & subcategories". With this configuration enabled, only the owners of the blog or subcategory can start new topics, but everybody can reply to them. This option should be set in each subcategory individually (this property isn't inherited).

Note that when you set this option, the "New Post" link isn't displayed. But you can click on "Options > Structure > Create new topic" for that. We are improving this interface and it should be ready in the next days.

Please let me know if this works for your group.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: permissions confusion over sub categories for a blog forum

vames
Hugo,
This is most helpfull.
I will try those settings out.
You have hit on a most important consideration with the "New Post" link.
I look forward to that improvement.

Thank you very much

James