pending message with orbeon forms mailing list

pending message with orbeon forms mailing list

ricetrac
Hello,

I regularly post messages from nabble to the mailing list "orbeon forms".
But when I send an email to the mailing list the week end or Friday afternoon, it is posted on the mailing list only the Monday next although I have sent the confirm email and received the "SYMPA distribution" email.
Today , I have posted 2 messages, but they are still pending status.

I have suscribed to the mailing list, and usually the week my mails are posted immediately.

Thank you for your help.

Julien. (a french user of nabble)

Re: pending message with orbeon forms mailing list

Hugo <Nabble>
Emails are sent immediately to the mailing list. So I believe you are talking about a moderated list that depends on one or more moderators to approve/decline messages. Have you talked to the mailing list owner? He/She may confirm this assumption.

Re: pending message with orbeon forms mailing list

Erik Bruchez
Hi,

I am not the owner of the list (which is owned by OW2), but I can confirm that the list is not moderated.

-Erik

Re: pending message with orbeon forms mailing list

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks for the information. Do you happen to know if this problem also happens when emails are sent directly to the list (i.e., not through the Nabble interface)? I think the problem is not on the Nabble system, because emails are sent immediately to the list, as I said in my first reply.

Re: pending message with orbeon forms mailing list

ricetrac
I tested both ways: from Outlook, and since the interface Nabble: I receive the confirmation email that I must refer to sympa@ow2.org, then, once sent, I get immediately after the mail like what my post has been sent to the mailing list: "Your message for list ops-users has been forwarded to editor (s)"

But my post is not really confirmed yet. On Monday, I must refer for it to appear.
Weekdays it works better, but then I just realized that I have an email I posted two days ago via outlook and is not yet on the mailing list. I retries by Nabble interface.

thank you.

Julien

Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Thanks for the information. Do you happen to know if this problem also happens when emails are sent directly to the list (i.e., not through the Nabble interface)? I think the problem is not on the Nabble system, because emails are sent immediately to the list, as I said in my first reply.

Re: pending message with orbeon forms mailing list

Alessandro  Vernet
Hugo,

Thank you for looking into this. The message Julien was talking about finally made it through, and based on the headers of the message (http://gist.github.com/340318) we can see that it was properly sent by Nabble, but got stuck for 3 days on some OW2 server, which hosts the mailing list. So it doesn't look like this is a problem with Nabble, and we contacted the folks at OW2 to see if they can troubleshoot this.

Alex

Re: pending message with orbeon forms mailing list

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks a lot, Alessandro!
You guys can contact us for anything you need.