new "remove ads" payment method explained please?

new "remove ads" payment method explained please?

augidog
This post was updated on .
I had well over 100,000 ad-free page view credits, and we're low-flow, so I haven't looked at my status in a while. I've been a good example of a good nabble user for years, and have always paid my way.

now I see this new method, and something about $5 month for a "premium" site. what I do NOT see is any detail about my current credit status.

after loving and using nabble for years, and after accumulating some great members and after coming to rely on our relaxed atmosphere...and, after making GREAT use of SEO to have a social impact...well, this is where I edited out panic mode about losing all that. but I do have questions.

seriously, $60 annual fees to go ad-free? is it possible that nabble prefers ads? are the ads intrusive or are they reasonable? does anyone have anything to share that explains the new payment structure? We really like our little corner of the web, so what's going on?

I know there might be good answers, and I never mind paying my way, but I'd like to be kept informed.

Re: new "remove ads" payment method explained please?

mwalton
I paid the $5.00 per month and have not had my adds removed. I am not going to pay the $39 to get them to fix something that I have already paid for.

Re: new "remove ads" payment method explained please?

Hi augidog, you still have plenty of credits on your forum and it won't show any ads until they run out. If you want to see how many credits you still have, take a look at the HTML source of your page. At the bottom you will see something like "<!-- Ad.true | 117726 credits -->".

We have switched to Stripe because the previous payment system (Amazon Payments) forced us to upgrade our code and we just decided to implement the simplest solution. We may add soon an annual price that is cheaper than $60 so that people like you can have a better deal and save some money. Thank you for your feedback.

Re: new "remove ads" payment method explained please?

augidog
thank you Hugo for a clear explanation & good answers.

Re: new "remove ads" payment method explained please?

Coleen_Astalos
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
If you want to see how many credits you still have, take a look at the HTML source of your page. At the bottom you will see something like "<!-- Ad.true | 117726 credits -->".
I record the number of ad credits I have each month so I can keep track of when I might run out.  I have tried using the above method from the main page of my embedded Nabble forum and I'm not finding anything when I search for "ad.true" or when I search for "credits".

Is there a particular page I need to be on when I look at the HTML code?  Or is it a problem that my site is embedded and thus not showing.     I know I'm probably close to running out of credits and need to make sure I don't surprise by users with ads if I run out accidentally!

Coleen

Re: new "remove ads" payment method explained please?

Hugo <Nabble>
You have to right click on the forum page and open the HTML source. If you use Google Chrome, the option you have to click on is "View Frame Source". Which browser do you use?

Re: new "remove ads" payment method explained please?

Coleen_Astalos
I found if I do it in Internet Explorer instead, I see the credit info.  So I'm set.
Thanks,
Coleen

Re: new "remove ads" payment method explained please?

Hugo <Nabble>
Okay. In any case, in Firefox you can right-click on the forum, then select "This Frame" > "View Frame Source".

Re: new "remove ads" payment method explained please?

Coleen_Astalos
Thanks.

Re: new "remove ads" payment method explained please?

augidog
ok, I'm back with a couple more questions, Hugo. we're non-profit/member-supported and i'll have to raise funds this year.

I see the current monthly price for a "premium site" is $3.95.

is it possible nabble would discount 6-month or 12-month purchases?

does a "premium site" come with "premium" support?

and...can a subscriber insert his own advertisements on certain pages as a way to raise funds?

would someone please link me to a few samples of a nabble forum WITH ads? I'm not necessarily against ads on our forum, but I am interested in what the product is and is it relevant to our topic?

Re: new "remove ads" payment method explained please?

GregChapman
augidog wrote
I see the current monthly price for a "premium site" is $3.95.

is it possible nabble would discount 6-month or 12-month purchases?
Nabble currently has no such discount scheme.
does a "premium site" come with "premium" support?
No. You can check the current price of Premium Support by attempting to post there.
can a subscriber insert his own advertisements on certain pages as a way to raise funds?
Yes. You can edit the NAML code of your firum to insert ad code at any time.
would someone please link me to a few samples of a nabble forum WITH ads?
Use the "Free forum by Nabble" link at the bottom of the page. All the sample forums listed on that page which I checked show ads. Just visit any topic. Ads are displayed beneath the first post.