need help with groups and titles...

Ace1214
I have different moderator groups and none of them except for the Administrator groups show the group title under the profile picture, I would like to make it so that the title displays for any group. This would avert my fear of people faking moderatorship while im away from the forums...

my forum is here

-The Omnipotent Ace!
I'm the Graphic designer and music producer for EPG

My Forums

Re: need help with groups and titles...

GregChapman
I'm not a NAML expert, but a bit of searching leads me to believe that you will have to write a custom macro to identify which users are in any non-standard groups you have established and then insert an appropriate condition in this macro:
classic_big_avatar_cell

My Forums

Re: need help with groups and titles...

GregChapman
Well, it would work if you did the coding. I only found where the call to the macro you need to write has to be inserted. It's hidden here within this set of macros:
But as for the coding itself, I don't consider myself expert enough to suggest how to do it.

Re: need help with groups and titles...

Hugo <Nabble>
As Greg said, you should change the classic_big_avatar_cell macro. The idea is to add a line like this:
<n.avatar_label condition="[n.owner.is_in_group group='VIP'/]" label="[b][t]VIP Member[/t][/b]"/>
Here is the full macro with the new line (see line 7):
<override_macro name="classic_big_avatar_cell" requires="node">
            <n.owner.avatar size="big" border_class="medium-border-color"/>
    <n.avatar_label condition="[n.owner.is_in_group group='VIP'/]" label="[b][t]VIP Member[/t][/b]"/>
    <n.avatar_label condition="[n.owner.is_site_admin/]" label="[b][t]Administrator[/t][/b]"/>
    <n.avatar_label condition="[n.owner.is_banned/]" label="[t]Banned User[/t]"/>
    <n.owner.post_count/>
</override_macro>

Where?

ItsLouie
Hi!

Where do I find this?
Warm Regards,
Louie

Re: Where?

GregChapman
You get there via:

Edit this page > [Cog Wheel] > Search Macros

and then select either "Macro by name" or "Macro source contains" depending on what you want to find.

In this case, search for the macro that Hugo describes.

Re: Where?

ItsLouie
Thank you very much!

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Jun 2014, at 11:20, "GregChapman [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

You get there via:

Edit this page > [Cog Wheel] > Search Macros

and then select either "Macro by name" or "Macro source contains" depending on what you want to find.

In this case, search for the macro that Hugo describes.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

http://support.nabble.com/need-help-with-groups-and-titles-tp7209384p7590458.html
To unsubscribe from need help with groups and titles..., click here.
NAML
Warm Regards,
Louie

What's The Error?

ItsLouie
Hello!

I done everything you said but am getting this error! Can you help? Please refer to this image to see the error:

I am not sure why it is doing this but would appreciate the help!

Warm Regards,
Louie

Re: What's The Error?

GregChapman
NAML is not my area of expertise.

I did try making the same edit in my test forum. I also got an error, but not the same as yours. Yours is strange, as I can't see a semi-colon anywhere in your code.

I'll have to hand this one over to Pedro or another of our experts. (It's just possible the Nabble Team  are doing something behind the scenes at the moment that is causing these errors.)

Re: What's The Error?

ItsLouie
Ah ok! I got an error when I just pressed save on the default anyways so thanks for your help:)

Sent from my iPhone

http://support.nabble.com/need-help-with-groups-and-titles-tp7209384p7590474.html
To unsubscribe from need help with groups and titles..., click here.
NAML
Warm Regards,
Louie

Re: What's The Error?

Pedro
It's everything ok in my app.
Please, let me see your forum.

Re: What's The Error?

ItsLouie
Hi Pedro

The forum is here.
Warm Regards,
Louie

Re: What's The Error?

ItsLouie
I'm like begging for your help! I cannot do it :'( I have an error just when I click the edit this page button! I can give you admin if you register on our forums so you can take a look if its possible?

-L
Warm Regards,
Louie