nabble embedded forum does not work for our website

nabble embedded forum does not work for our website

vgps
Dear nabble,

I have created a nabble forum named vgps and embedded it into our website but it does not work.

Here is our website url: http://www.digitalmobilemap.com
it will redirect to http://vgps.webs.com/html/index.htm

if I go to our website by second url http://vgps.webs.com/html/index.htm an click on Forums, the nabble embedded forum works fine.

However, if I go to our website by the main url: http://www.digitalmobilemap.com and click on Forums, the nabble embedded forum does not work.

Of course, I want my users visit our website by the main url but the nabble forum does not work.

I guess the disappear issue is because 2 times redirect: from http://www.digitalmobilemap.com redirect to http://vgps.webs.com/html/index.htm without changing url in address bar will work, then it can not redirect again to
vgps
<script src="http://n2.nabble.com/embed/f34879"></script>
Could you show how to solve this issue so that the nabble embedded forum can work in our website.

Regards,

Re: nabble embedded forum does not work for our website

Hugo <Nabble>
The problem is that your home page tries to load the forum page (http://vgps.webs.com/html/index.htm) inside a frame. We currently don't support embedded forums inside frames and fixing this isn't simple.

The easiest solution for you is to change the "Forums" link on your home page to load a natural page (no frames). All you have to do is add the following attribute to that link: target="_top"
Example:
...<a href="vgps_forum.htm" target="_top">...

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

Besides that, I have a suggestion for the appearance of your forum. Since you display it over a blue background (and the forum has a white background), you could change the forum background to match your page and have a nicer look. You can do this by clicking on "Options > Change forum appearance" and then adding this CSS to your style:
.nabble, .nabble .no-bg-color {
    background-color: #EAEDF4;
}
You can find more information here:
http://n2.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=39

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: nabble embedded forum does not work for our website

vgps

Re: nabble embedded forum does not work for our website

Lemusa
ive got the same problem but as i have a few pages its goin to be tricky. could you give me a hint as where to start for imbedding the forum in a frame?
(Forum Moderator/Owner/Site Owner/Hells Yeah I Own You All)

why doesnt it work? cos isnt a frame just treated as a page within a page? so embedding in a frame should be exactly the same as embedding in a single page
(Forum Moderator/Owner/Site Owner/Hells Yeah I Own You All)

Re: nabble embedded forum does not work for our website

Gen Admin
It would appear that though Nabble is an easy forum type to work with, as far as setting it up, is conserned. There are quite a lot of issues that the owners need to deal with regarding it's layout, and how it can benefit the people who use it. I would like to see it intergrate better with the current vogue of forums we see on the net.

Pros:
It has an easy layout for a newbie forum builder.
It has an excelent Html coding, so a novice, such as myself, with only a few clicks was able to embed an image into the description field. Not always available on other boards.
The actual layout is pleasant to look at.

Cons:
Embedding into a website, does not always work.
When registering, or logging in, you don't immediately go to the forum, but have to navigate backwards to get there. frustrating, and won't win any of my votes.
Members do not have a post count, or show their ranking/status on the forum. something, from experience I have found they like.
There is no way that I have found to add any staff, such as Mods to the forum.
These issues in my opinion, need to be fixed, in order for this forum type to really work.

Re: nabble embedded forum does not work for our website

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Thanks for your feedback. We really appreciate you telling us what you think. We are very user driven so your wish is our command.

Gen Admin wrote
Embedding into a website, does not always work.
We want to make embedding ALWAYS work. So, please send us the link to your page where it fails. We will fix.

Gen Admin wrote
When registering, or logging in, you don't immediately go to the forum, but have to navigate backwards to get there. frustrating, and won't win any of my votes.
You had a separate post which I responded. Good point and I think this can be fixed soon.

Gen Admin wrote
Members do not have a post count, or show their ranking/status on the forum. something, from experience I have found they like.
Two other users have asked for this, and my response is here: http://n2.nabble.com/Question%21-Please-answer%21-tp358301p395754.html - can you review the thread and tell us what you think in that thread?

Gen Admin wrote
There is no way that I have found to add any staff, such as Mods to the forum.
You can. Go to your forum, under Options->Control User Privileges - you can add/remove co-owners there. They have the same mod rights as you (you are the "Creator").

Re: nabble embedded forum does not work for our website

Will <Nabble>
I assume in your page, you created a frame and put the embedding code into the frame, right?

Your frame must have a height. But your forum doesn't always fit into the height of the frame. The height of a forum page can be very long, for example, in a large thread, or it can be very short, for example, in an empty forum. If you set the frame to be have large height, you will get lots of empty space in the middle. If you set the frame to be short, then scrollbars will appear in the middle of your page.

The whole point of embedding is to put a forum inside your page seamlessly, so that you don't have to create frames and deal with the height or width issues.

So, there is no need to create a frame for the nabble forum. Just copy and paste the embedding code into your normal html code. For example, you can put the code inside a 's
, or in a <div>, it will load up the forum inside your page seamlessly.

It's equivalent of embedding a YouTube video.

Re: nabble embedded forum does not work for our website

We have fixed this problem. Now embedded forums work fine inside html frames. All you have to do is create a html page with the embedding javascript code and load this page inside the html frame.

Please let us know if you still have problems.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com