n4 forums not working now

crasspollination
My forum http://crass-pollination-forum.2287843.n4.nabble.com/  is not currently working.  I clicked around on some other forums on the Nabble.com website and the ones on "n4" don't load.

Please fix. Thanks.

Re: n4 forums not working now

Hugo <Nabble>
That server is under maintenance now. It should be back soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: n4 forums not working now

Hugo <Nabble>
That server has some issues and we need some hours to bring it back. We are really sorry for that.

Re: n4 forums not working now

Geert Claes
Our forums are still down too, any news when they will be back online?

Re: n4 forums not working now

DiditzZz
Hi Nabble admins, please disregard my other forum topics I created. I didn't browse through the topics before. I hope the server gets fixed soon! Have a nice day!

Re: n4 forums not working now

crasspollination
Any update to this?

Re: n4 forums not working now

paschalltwin
Can we get an update on this? What is the anticipated time frame in getting our forums up and running again? I just added this to our area support group website. It looks bad when I have sent out a post to everyone asking them to go to the forum and it is not working. If this is not resolved soon, I will have consider moving elsewhere. Thank you.
NDR

Re: n4 forums not working now

NDR
Not sure how this all works.  I am not able to access my forum.
http://nuclear-deformity-research.2288442.n4.nabble.com - it tells me I am not registered.  So I have re-registered and I am at least in order to get into the Nabble support but it doesn't have everything for me to make another forum.

Re: n4 forums not working now

DiditzZz
Hey there paschalltwin,

For the moment I think what you can do is to post an announcement on your website, stating that the forum is undergoing server maintenance and will be back shortly. Server maintenance for websites is a very common issue and people will understand it.

Have a nice day!

?

Hush
Hi, I have a question. Is being an admin automatically registers you to your forum (will logically, supposedly yes) because I can't seem to register me, the admin, in my own forum. Well, when I registered, I thought there might be a confirmation message to activate it so I can go ahead and make some changes like customizing the looks, etc, but I didn't get any. So the Options menu is showing no options at all to customize except for subscriptions. Are these all part of the maintenance the site is undergoing?

Re: ?

crasspollination
I just started my forum earlier this week.  I just started my forum and it worked after clicking on a confirmation email.  Did you check your spam folder for a confirmation email?  I don't remember doing anything special to be an administrator.

The 'n4' server is down right now, so if your forum URL has a .n4 in it, it won't work.  Mine hasn't worked for a day, which is great considering I've been trying to promote the forum!!!

--K

Re: n4 forums not working now

Geert Claes
They are having a hardware issue and are working on it.  Having said that I reckon Nabble really needs some sort of page notifying users that the server is down, something like Twitter's fail-whale and LinkedIn's wizard.

Re: n4 forums not working now

Hush
Hi! THanks for this! Anyways, is it also possible to close/delete your own forum? I planned on just deleting it and getting another one, or when I decide to go back, will the forum name/email address used in registering, be unavailable/"taken" status/mode? Thanks!

Re: n4 forums not working now

Jonathan.vibert
Please could you update us on the progress of getting this server back online!

Re: n4 forums not working now

Sherri Ohler
Help!  It's been like 36 hours!  Does this happen often?  Is it ever going to be fixed?  Should I jsut start a new blog and will that fix it?  Or should I go somewhere else?  I need to know-this could be detrimental to my business.  I am having a HUGE giveaway on my blog on Tuesday and advertising it everywhere.  Please, please, please help!!
NDR

Re: n4 forums not working now

NDR
I still can't find my forum http://www.nuclear-deformity-research.2288442.n4.nabble.com/
If I knew the server was still down or at least had an estimated time of when it will be up it would be helpful. If it is up and the forum is lost then I would try to recreate.   Can anyone advise.

Re: n4 forums not working now

The server is back with new hardware. It was a marathon to put it back, but everything is fine now. Please take a look at your apps and let me know if you have issues. Sorry for the inconvenience, guys!

Re: n4 forums not working now

Geert Claes
Our forums are still down Hugo

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 Apr 2011, at 11:20 PM, "Hugo <Nabble> [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

The server is back with new hardware. It was a marathon to put it back, but everything is fine now. Please take a look at your apps and let me know if you have issues. Sorry for the inconvenience, guys!
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/n4-forums-not-working-now-tp6225856p6232597.html
To unsubscribe from n4 forums not working now, click here.

Re: n4 forums not working now

paschalltwin
My forum is now up and running! Thanks.
NDR

Re: n4 forums not working now

NDR
Hugo,

Great work Hugo.  I know you are glad it is finally up and running.  Last night when I went to my website I had somebody eles's website showing.  I just went in and deleted my html paste to get rid of it.  In the meantime I can't find my forum.  I received the following message at the time of my registration and it was working before the server went down:

Hi NDR,
Thank you for registering with NUCLEAR DEFORMITY RESEARCH!

Verify Your Email Address Registration
Please click on the confirmation link below to activate your account:

http://nuclear-deformity-research.2288442.n4.nabble.com/user/Register3.jtp?email=NDR%40nucleardeformityresearch.com&key=0.39877970020853215&date=20110330

Regards,
NUCLEAR DEFORMITY RESEARCH
http://nuclear-deformity-research.2288442.n4.nabble.com

I hope this information helps.  I loved the ease of the forum.

NDR

The server is back with new hardware. It was a marathon to put it back, but everything is fine now. Please take a look at your apps and let me know if you have issues. Sorry for the inconvenience, guys!
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below: http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/n4-forums-not-working-now-tp6225856p6232597.html
To unsubscribe from n4 forums not working now, click here .
12