n1 -> n2 for user accounts

aslam karachiwala
1. Can I export my n1 user prefs, particularly my Favorite Forums, to my n2 account?

2. Will forums migrated to n2, also be accessible on n1, while it's still around? If so, would there be any restrictions on n1 access of a migrated forum?

3. Same question as #2, for newly added forums.
--aslam

Re: n1 -> n2 for user accounts

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
aslam wrote
1. Can I export my n1 user prefs, particularly my Favorite Forums, to my n2 account?
Sorry, but the answer is no. Some of the n1 things will be gone, for example, ratings. Favorites will be replaced by flags (not complete yet) on n2. So, the two system will have significant difference, that's why we want a user to start new on n2 rather trying to import their old stuff.

aslam wrote
2. Will forums migrated to n2, also be accessible on n1, while it's still around? If so, would there be any restrictions on n1 access of a migrated forum?
It will still exist on n1, but all pages will redirect to n2. So, in a sense, you can't really access it on n1, because when you enter it, you get redirected to n2.

aslam wrote
3. Same question as #2, for newly added forums.
New forums will be created on n2. This does not include if you are creating new sub forums under an existing n1 forum.

Re: n1 -> n2 for user accounts

aslam karachiwala
Thanks, Will.

Based on your answers, it appears that I'd have to switch between n1 & n2, manually, if my forums of interest include those that are new or have migrated to n2, and those that are on n1.

Is this the case?
--aslam

Re: n1 -> n2 for user accounts

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
You will have a brand new user account on n2. Your old account on n1 will continue to exist. I am not sure what are things to "migrate". If you mean to copy stuff in n1 account to n2 account, yes, you will have to do it manually.

Re: n1 -> n2 for user accounts

aslam karachiwala
Here's what I meant...

- I have an account in each, n1 & n2.
- I subscribe to forums in n2 -- either newly created or n1 forums migrated to n2.
- I subscribe to forums in n1 -- not yet migrated to n2.

Question: Will I have to login separately to access forums in n2 & n1?
--aslam