move topics to sub-forum

donharrison
when members create a new topic, the systems doesn't respond with a "which sub-forum to create topic in" prompt. so the new topic sits above the sub-forums...l can & do move these topics into sub-forums on my site, but tonite l noticed that the "move post" prompt is not working.  is there a way that l can move post's into sub-forums?

cheers Don.

Re: move topics to sub-forum

Hugo <Nabble>
If you want to force users to post to sub-forums, go to your root forum and change the "Create_new_topic" and "Reply" permissions so that nobody can post. Then go to each sub-forum and overwrite those permissions to allow people to post. After that, if they click on the "New topic" link on the parent forum, they will have to choose which sub-forum to post to.

About the move post page, please post the full error or explain why it doesn't work.

Re: move topics to sub-forum

donharrison
thanks very much, now l understand the permissions better then before.
and l have re-set as advised & it appears to work well like this.

meanwhile - l still have 2 post's by members under "topics" which is not one of my sub-forums.
so l like to move them to the sub-forum titled "Fishing reports" on my site.

previously l was able to move stray post's by opening them and clicking on "options"
and selecting "move post to..." etc. l still have this menu, but the next screen doesn't appear
as it did. eg a screen asking for the permalink of the sub-forum l want to move it to.

now l simply don't see that screen,
so l'm unable to paste the permalink to move the post & its replies too.

hope this better explains it.

cheers Don.

Re: move topics to sub-forum

Hugo <Nabble>
We fixed the bug in the move post page. Thanks for reporting it.

Re: move topics to sub-forum

Leigh L. Klotz Jr WA5ZNU
I have written a Firefox plug in which lets you click on the * icon next to a post and then bulk move the starred items.
It's posted at http://wa5znu.org/2009/08/nabble-move-starred-topics/
but most people will need handholding to install it.
Please contact me if you need this.

I try to keep it updated every time Nabble changes their URLs but it may take me a few days.