limit on number of posts

Harvey
I'm having some issues with a few forum members

 Rather than banning I'd like to be able to limit the number of posts per day by specific people.

I don't want those people to get any message.  Just once they have hit the daily limit they can no longer post.  Maybe the reply button disappears.

 Please let me know your ideas.

Re: limit on number of posts

Harvey
I have a group called spammers.  You could use that group as the post limit group and I could put them in.

Re: limit on number of posts

Harvey
Better idea.  Limit number of posts for registered users while members are unlimited.  This would double as spam control.

Re: limit on number of posts

Harvey
I think Registered Users is the way to go.

I want to limit registered users to  a specific number of posts per day, ideally a that I can change.

Lets say 2 posts a day to start.

Then if a MEMBER is causing problems I can remove him from the MEMBERS leaving him in REGISTERED and slow down his negativity with reduced posting.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you.

Re: limit on number of posts

Pedro
In my opinion it should be done by warnings and rules. Then, with permission groups. I don't like the idea of suddenly remove the reply link, or something like that with no warning. A lot of users will might think it is a bug and call your or Nabble support.

I'm thinking in a way to control the daily count of posts. I will have to use the extra fields.

Re: limit on number of posts

Harvey
Is there a way to have a group with less fewer permissions than registered?

Lets figure this out before you do any more work on it.

Re: limit on number of posts

Pedro
No, Greg has well explained here.

Re: limit on number of posts

Harvey
What if registered members were automatically placed in another group, at the time of registration.  One time only.

Then I could take this member and he would be the only one in REGISTERED but not in the other group.

I hate to undermine my spam system for this one guy.

I need some way to slow this guy down without removing privileges for registered members.

Re: limit on number of posts

The original idea of allowing registered users a fixed number of posts per day will really help.

Lets do that and show me how to set the number of posts.

I'd REALLY like to hide the button. I don't want email from those I am trying to discipline.

Re: limit on number of posts

Pedro
Please, add this to your naml code:
<override_macro name="topic_html" requires="servlet">
    <n.topic_min_html>
        <head>
            <n.topic_common_head/>
            <n.topic_head/>
            <n.topic_meta/>
            <n.increment_view_count/>
        </head>
            <n.page_node.topic_hardcoded_notices/>
            <n.newsflash/>
            <n.topic_header/>
            <n.topic_controls/>
            <n.topic_contents.view_contents.page_node.topic_rows/>
            <n.topic_footer/>
            <n.report_inappropriate_content_panel/>
            <n.user_request/>
    </n.topic_min_html>
</override_macro>

<override_macro name="reply_link" requires="node" parameters="title, href">
    <n.set_var. name="href"><n.default text="[n.href/]" to="[n.reply_path/]" /></n.set_var.>
</override_macro>

<macro name='user_from_get' dot_parameter="do" >
    <n.get_user_from_id. user_id="[n.get_parameter name='user'/]">
        <n.do/>
    </n.get_user_from_id.>
</macro>
<macro name="user_request">
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var posts_today;
        var path = '/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_response&user=';
        var url = Nabble.userId;
        $.getScript(path+url+Nabble.getClientID() ,function(data){
        posts_today = data;
        if(posts_today > 2){
        $('.reply_link').css('display','none');
        }
        });

    </script>
</macro>
<macro name="user_response">
    <n.if.user_from_get.is_in_group group="posts" >
        <then>
            <n.user_from_get.node_count filter = "date_part('day',now() - when_created) = 0 "/>
        </then>
    </n.if.user_from_get.is_in_group>
</macro>
It limits on 2 posts per day or users in "posts" group. You should also create these group.

Re: limit on number of posts

Harvey
So this will only affect those in the group "Posts?"

I thought it was impossible to have a group with less privileges than REGISTERED?

Will my other groups still have full posting ability?

Re: limit on number of posts

Harvey
I am getting this message:

 Error: macro 'user_from_get - custom_tweak:topic_html' conflicts with 'user_from_get - custom_tweak:topic_html'
 in (custom_tweak:topic_html:59) - <macro name='user_from_get' dot_parameter="do" >

Re: limit on number of posts

Pedro
Which macro are you trying this?

Re: limit on number of posts

Harvey
I assumed it was topic_html

Re: limit on number of posts

Pedro
Sorry, which app?

Re: limit on number of posts

Harvey
Forum.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry, which app?

http://support.nabble.com/limit-on-number-of-posts-tp7588514p7588612.html
To unsubscribe from limit on number of posts, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: limit on number of posts

Pedro
I added the macros and tested on your forum. I seems to be working.

Re: limit on number of posts

Harvey
I tested it with a non-member and was able to post 3x.

Re: limit on number of posts

Harvey
Maybe it's a cache thing.  I wasn't able to post after an hour with my test person. So it worked.

I thought the reply button would disappear but it gives you the "forbidden topic" notice.

EDIT: it worked once but now I can't make it work again.

Re: limit on number of posts

Pedro
Have you added this user at "posts" group?