just a quick question

Mencey Melgar
Hi there,

When someone subscribes to a subcategory, will this user recive notifications of new topics created in subcategories under this category?
:) Helper

Re: just a quick question

GregChapman
Yes! That's not completely tested by me, but all the evidence I have is that when you subscribe at any level you also receive messages at all lower levels.

However, if you look at a lower level you see no indication that a subscription is in place. I think this may confuse people, as someone once complained to me of duplicate messages. It turned out they had an additional subscription at a lower level.

Re: just a quick question

Mencey Melgar
Hum, I am subscribed to the main forum page and I recive every new post posted in all subcategories, but I'm also subscribed to free support and I only recive new topics in free support(I also had to subscribe to the spanish subcategory to recive notifications about it)
:) Helper

Re: just a quick question

Pedro
You can also change your type of subscription in the lower forums. For example, "Individual emails" at the top one and "Daily digest" at the lower sub apps.

Re: just a quick question

Mencey Melgar
But will the user recive mails from lower subapps if they are not subscribed to them(just to the main one)?
:) Helper

Re: just a quick question

Pedro
Yes, he will receive the mails from lower subapps.

Re: just a quick question

Mencey Melgar
ookay
:) Helper