is there a live person at Nabble?

Ken S. Elvehjem
Hi,

I signed up for an account (OSGeo) and posted a couple of messages... they don't seem to get to the list.

If anybody from Nabble is watching the lists, could you have a look?

Thanks,

Ken

Re: is there a live person at Nabble?

Hugo <Nabble>
I see that you posted messages in the "Map Server - User" mailing list archive:
http://n2.nabble.com/user/UserNodes.jtp?user=378907&node=1803224

Did you subscribe to that mailing list?

Re: is there a live person at Nabble?

Ken S. Elvehjem
Well,  I thought I did...  in fact it *looks* like I got one of them through the list.  and yes, I've been getting list messages for maybe 2 years now.

But I got a nabble message (pasted below) saying that these 3 messages were pending...

Nevertheless, I'd be pleased to do whatever I need to do... I suspect most of the posters use the mail list to read messages, and only go to the list site to do research?

Sincerely, with thanks for the response

Ken

Dear Nabble user:

Your recent message "Re: Accessing MapServer from Flash Script" has not yet been accepted by the mailing list and is still in the pending status.

To check the current status of your message, please follow the link below:
http://n2.nabble.com/Accessing-MapServer-from-Flash-Script-tp4170153p4170261.html

When a user posts a message, it takes some time to get through the list.
Some reasons behind pending messages are:
(1) you are not a subscriber of the mailing list;
(2) the mailing list server was down when you first tried to send the message;
(3) your post is still waiting for moderation.

You can find more information about pending posts in the link below:
http://n2.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=15

Regards,
The Nabble Team

To stop receiving this alert, delete your message:
http://n2.nabble.com/Accessing-MapServer-from-Flash-Script-tp4170153p4170261.html

If you have any trouble stopping this alert or any questions, please contact the Nabble Support.

Re: is there a live person at Nabble?

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Ken, your three posts are still pending and I believe you are not subscribed to that list. Please visit the mailing list page here:
Then enter your email and hit the subscribe button. You will receive an email that either lets you know that you are already subscribed or it will show some subscription instructions. Please let me know what you get.

If you discover that you are not subcribed, then you should post your messages again in that forum (you can copy & paste them).

Re: is there a live person at Nabble?

Ken S. Elvehjem
Hugo,

OK, I guess I wasn't actually subscribed to the email portion of the list. So I did that, then "replied" to the message I received.

Does this mean that I can *post* via email by sending to some certain address?

Thanks very much!!! for all your help.

Ken

Re: is there a live person at Nabble?

Hugo <Nabble>
Ken S. Elvehjem wrote
Does this mean that I can *post* via email by sending to some certain address?
Yes, you can either send an email to the mailing list email address or use Nabble to do that automatically for you. In any case, you must be a subscriber of the list.

Re: is there a live person at Nabble?

Ken S. Elvehjem
Hugo,

I think we have it figured out.  I am apparently subscribed correctly now.

What was confusing me is that I have been receiving emails from the mapserver-users list for 2 years... Turns out that they were coming to my old address, which I still check, but had never subscribed for posting.

Correct address: ets1@runestone.net
Old address: elvehjem@runestone.net

I sent an email to the list owner, and maybe they'll fix that, or I'm thinking I'll get dual posts.

Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely,

Ken