is there a different administrator login?

is there a different administrator login?

shamus mcquail
I saw this post here on the forums and wanted to give it a try. It is the add more profile fields add on. My status on my forum is administrator and I login to the advanced editor just fine. When I go to save the new code in a new file, it says "Please log in with your administrator account. Your may have logged out or your session has expired." It shows that I am logged in. There isn't another administrator login, right? Thanks for the help.

Re: is there a different administrator login?

GregChapman
The default administrator login for any forum is the one shown as "Created by" on the main page. The only other addresses that have administrator rights are those that the original administrator adds to the administrator group on that forum.

The only time I have seen what you describe is when I have attempted to edit the code of someone else's forum.

Am I missing something here?

OK, I figured this out.  I undirected my forum from my site and tried it all again.  It worked great.  I like the new info on my members.  It doesn't seem to matter when just over riding macro's.  Thanks for the help.

Re: is there a different administrator login?

GregChapman
The test I did just before posting my last response was through my non-embedded test forum, so I guess embedding may affect recognition of the user. Certainly what I had in mind was a screen like this:

Login request
and that is nothing like yours!

However, I'm glad you sorted it.