importing old archive

FTired
I have read posts about importing old mbox formatted archives, can someone tell me who to send the archive to

Iqbal

Re: importing old archive

Hugo (Nabble)
You can send the mbox file (or a link to it) to my email [hugo at nabble dot com].

Re: importing old archive

ok, I've received the mbox file. Please post the link to the current archive where this mbox should be uploaded to.

Re: importing old archive

FTired
http://n2.nabble.com/London-Opencoffee-Meetup-Archive-f3779569.html

My question is, "What will happen to posts which are not in that archive, i.e new posts will they still be there, or get deleted"

also "What about posts which are in the archive AND currently in the link above, what happens to them, do they just get replaced"

tks

Iqbal

ok, I've received the mbox file. Please post the link to the current archive where this mbox should be uploaded to.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/importing-old-archive-tp3837384p3851020.html
To unsubscribe from importing old archive, click here.

Re: importing old archive

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks, I will start the import soon.
FTired wrote
"What will happen to posts which are not in that archive, i.e new posts will they still be there, or get deleted"
They won't be touched. So - at the end of import - the forum will have both old and new posts together.
FTired wrote
also "What about posts which are in the archive AND currently in the link above, what happens to them, do they just get replaced"
They will be skiped by the importing process (as long as they have the same Message-ID header, which is probably the case).

Re: importing old archive

The archive has been successfully imported. Please take a look and let me know if you have questions, comments or concerns.