import all user login,names & avatar images to a 2nd nabble forum?

import all user login,names & avatar images to a 2nd nabble forum?

donharrison
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: import all user login,names & avatar images to a 2nd nabble forum?

Pedro
Do you want to copy all user to the second forum only once? Or should it be synchronized?

Re: import all user login,names & avatar images to a 2nd nabble forum?

donharrison
This post was updated on .
1/ Both l guess...
(port the current ones across and sync all future both ways... any disadvantages?

2/ my domain points to nabble OK, but still no joy getting it to work?
however l got it to work this way:  turns out if l put "geekbeeb.com" like the example
"mydomain.com" it didn't work, so l put in "www.geekbeep.com"
and now it works...any disadvantages?

cheers Don.

Re: import all user login,names & avatar images to a 2nd nabble forum?

Pedro
It can't be sync, but I'm trying to copy all user data once, at least.

Re: import all user login,names & avatar images to a 2nd nabble forum?

Do you have an sub forum at your first site which all, or most of, users have been posted?

Re: import all user login,names & avatar images to a 2nd nabble forum?

donharrison

Re: import all user login,names & avatar images to a 2nd nabble forum?

Pedro
Ok, that is what I will do:
I will change the parent of this forum and put it under your second forum. This will merge all users that have made a post Members Fishing. Once merged I will change the parent again, backing it to the original parent forum.
The only problem is :
 All links to the moved elements may change (including links to posts and replies).
Previous links may NOT work anymore. Users should update their links if they want to visit those pages again in the future.

What do you think? Can I do it?

yes - lets go ahead...
cheers Don.

Please, take a look at your members.

Looks good! Thank-you.
To complete the 2nd site (www.geekbeep.com) l edited it to: show_custom_ads, however AdSence cannot see the code. Have l missed something?

Re: import all user login,names & avatar images to a 2nd nabble forum?

Pedro
I didn't understand. Are you trying to add your own adSense in your second site?

Re: import all user login,names & avatar images to a 2nd nabble forum?

donharrison
yes!  - l have 10,000 credits on the 2nd site.

The ads showing there are from your show_custom_ads macro.

Re: import all user login,names & avatar images to a 2nd nabble forum?

donharrison
This post was updated on .
well - my adsence ads are not appearing - that's the issue l'm hoping to get fixed.

so sorry if l'm not clear on what l'm after, so let me clarify  this way:

l have a 2nd Nabble application running with my own domain.
www.geekbeep.com

l have ad-free credits (10,000) on geekbeep, to run my own AdSence on geekbeep.

so l have added the AdSence code on geekbeep.

However, AdSence tell me that they reviewed my site,
but wasn't able to find there ad code in the HTML source of these pages at geekbeep.

so that's the problem, they can't find the code to serve ad's for me, yet l think l have installed the code correctly
as above screen shot.

note *Nabble based ad's were not appearing on this site, prior to me buying credits in order to run my own AdSence ad's
so l'm wondering if there is something that may have needed to happen at your end first, so that l can run my own AdSence ad's? please advise.

cheers Don.

Please, remove the n.comment. tags that surround your ad code.

Re: import all user login,names & avatar images to a 2nd nabble forum?

donharrison
Thanks very much for your help!

cheers Don.