how to set up forum search

Vsuver
how do I set up a forum search on the main forum page?

Re: how to set up forum search

GregChapman
There are no options for an Administrator to set.

When at the top level of the forum if you click in the search box and enter your search term it will search throughout the forum

If you are in a sub-forum then as you enter your search term you also get the choice to search only that sub-forum (and all sub-forums below it) or searching "Everywhere" (as if you are at the top level of the forum(.

At all levels in the forum there is also a link to "Advanced search". That screen can you you work out the syntax to use for special searches.

Re: how to set up forum search

Vsuver
My search was not displayed on the main page at all (for example, as you have on the forum). But I wrote in the CSS settings: #search-box { display: block;}
and he appeared.

Re: how to set up forum search

GregChapman
Glad you got it back.

It sounds as if you may have some other custom CSS that affects the search box through another more general CSS rule.

Re: how to set up forum search

Vsuver
No, I wrote everything in the forum settings-tools \ apps \ change the design \ CSS

Re: how to set up forum search

GregChapman
That's where I thought the code might be.

Many of Nabble's CSS classes are used throughout the software. It can happen that a change in their styling can have unexpected results in other places. Just a theory. It may not have been the situation for you.

Re: how to set up forum search

Vsuver
Yes, I've seen it before...